End Of Orange Contract

Options
J3OEF
J3OEF Posts: 182 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
my orange contract is up on the 18th november, so as i see it, thats the end of my 18 month contract. I emailed them to ask what would happen come the 18th, they said i would need to give 30 days notice? now why would i need to give 30 days notice as my contract is going to be up? im not leaving, well i am when my "contract" finishes but not before.

does anyone know what happens or what i need to do? cheers

Comments

• fsrandom
    fsrandom Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    If you want too cancel your contract they require 30 days notice, it's in your T's and C's :].

Too answer your question tho, nothing happens, it goes into a rolling contract untill you decide too either upgrade or leave.
  • J3OEF
    Options
    so come the 18th november... if i want to cancel, i do so but must continue with them for another 30 days meanging another 30 days service / bill
  • TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    When you contact them to give them notice then the 30 days starts.
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • fiish
    fiish Posts: 815 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The quickest way to cancel if you want out is to get a PAC and use it. Obtaining the PAC serves as your 30 days' notice and as long as you use it after your minimum term is up there should be nothing extra to pay.

If you want to stay with Orange I recommend at least changing to one of their SIM only deals once ytou enter your upgrade period (which you already have) since that works out a lot cheaper for you if you don't want or need a new phone.
  • Tigert
    Tigert Posts: 467 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    If your contract is up on the 18th Nov and you wish you wish to cancel it, then you have to give 30 days notice. Therefore to cancel it dead on the 18th you would have needed to give notice on the 18th October.
    LBM : March 2008 :cry:
    Debt Free Date : 25th July 2012 :)
    DMP Mutual Support Thread: #170
    Long Haul Supporters Thread : #115
  • J3OEF
    Options
    Ive given my notice and they sent a letter saying i will be disconnected on the 6th november, even though it says it ends on the 18th. I am still not disconnected though :s
  • lrr_2
    lrr_2 Posts: 945 Forumite
    Options
    Orange is a shambles! A few months ago I was at end of contract and they wanted me to pay the last bill but I refused cause they had charged me for the following months line rental. They wanted me to pay it and they would refund the difference minus the calls. Told them no way, would pay my calls over the phone, cancelled direct debit and that would be it or so I thought. They sent me debt letters and further bills! After lots of calls finally sorted out.

CHECK YOUR LAST BILL TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT OVERPAYING THEM!
  • J3OEF
    Options
    if it ends on the 18th november, should i be paying them this month or is this months bill on the 24th for december? if so then they are conning me
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    call 150 request PAC, even if you dont want the number PAC to payg on anothr network this closes account and only then an accurate final bill arrives
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Your contract will end after your notice is up.

Till then they keep billing you for full months rental.

This usually means that you end up overpaying as your contract ends during the course of a billing month.

If you have no out of bundle charges, then you will end up with a final bill showing a credit for the unused rental in your last month.

Once that arrives, you need to ask them to refund you the credit, as they don't seem to do this automatically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure