Scottish power reclaiming over £4000 for putting us on wrong tariff

2»

Comments

• dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,877
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi devilchef - Sorry for the delay in coming back.
    My 'Contract' background is that part of my career involved both issueing and accepting contracts - For obvious reasons my employer sent me on a Contract Law course so that I fully understood my responsibilities.

As already stated, the supplier cannot shift the price listed on the contract, (The contract may contain a clause thet allows a price change, but it must list the exact circumstances that allows such a change and certainly would not allow unagreed retrospective increases)

You say the contract has been re-negotiated a few times over the 5 years - Did SP issue new documentation each time that stated the Gas price per Kwh and Service Charge, and were the bills you got charged as those prices ?

From the posts, I can only see two valid reasons why SP should be demanding money in excess to what has been billed.
    1) They issued bills that charged less than the prices on the contract
    2) There was a mix-up in the type of Gas meter you have, and they were chargeing on the basis of a Metric meter which delivers appx.11 Kwh per meter unit, when in fact it's an Imperial model that delivers appx. 31 Kwh per meter unit

Nowhere in the posts can I find anything concrete as to exactly what the "Wrong Tariff" problem is - I suggest you get onto SP and demand a detailed written explanation.
    Then if their answer isn't one of the two reasons above, you consult a Legal Eagle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure