£2012 in 2012

Comments

• clairelh
    clairelh Posts: 137
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Can I join too? Got a meeting with the bank later :( so feeling very depressed already. Having something like this to work towards will make me feel a bit more focussed on putting the finances right.

I have lots of baby things to sell but can never get motivated so this will definitely help.

I don't know anything about paid to click or mystery shopping, I'll have to have a look.

With the trial things do we count the value of the things we're trialling or just the payments received for doing the trial?
  • twirly09
    twirly09 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Overtime

Coupons is a another good one for me, being a student i like to save money where ever possible!! im also gonna put myself on more of a serious budget in the new year!

Im well up for this :D
    :eek: How did I let it get such a mess? :eek:
  • samo8076
    samo8076 Posts: 205
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    im going for £3000 by the ned of 2012, doest this count? lol
  • rhianna99
    rhianna99 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Count me in, i love looking for ways to make/save money.

I dont really have anything to sell, but will be doing couponing, surveys, comping and some mystery shopping, I find edigital research really good, just started with them and have earnt at least £40 this month, although the surveys are very time consuming, so may not be worth it for some of you.

I find tesco are giving out loads of money off vouchers via till spits at the moment too, so I make full use of those.

I am busy paying off debts at the moment, and every spare penny we have is going to that, but maybe I could class as money made on this challenge as ours to keep, so we can treat the kids next christmas and maybe go on a little holiday.

Thanks for starting thread, cant wait to get going
  • twirly09
    twirly09 Posts: 177 Forumite
    I'm going to start "planning" now as im excited i want to start lol
    :eek: How did I let it get such a mess? :eek:
  • emma12345
    emma12345 Posts: 159 Forumite
    I'd like to join. Going for the £2012 mostly from surveys and mystery shopping. I'll look at what paid out this year and plan it out I think. Thanks for doing this Mennie.
  • mennie
    mennie Posts: 493 Forumite
    oooooooh so that's 12 of us. That's at least £24k between us:beer:

So what is everyone going to spend it on, or will it get swallowed up in day to day living?

Mine will split beetween various savings accounts, e.g. DIY, Xmas, Holiday and overpaying the Mortgage:cool:
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • mennie
    mennie Posts: 493 Forumite
    clairelh wrote: »
    Can I join too? Got a meeting with the bank later :( so feeling very depressed already. Having something like this to work towards will make me feel a bit more focussed on putting the finances right.

I have lots of baby things to sell but can never get motivated so this will definitely help.

I don't know anything about paid to click or mystery shopping, I'll have to have a look.

With the trial things do we count the value of the things we're trialling or just the payments received for doing the trial?

I would count both, I only trial products for tesco although I am also registered with Boots. I dont get paid with Tesco and just get to keep the item, e.g. dogfood or bin liners, I have just been recording what I have saved by not buying the item. If you are being paid I would record that to.

Which companies are you registered with out of interest?
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • must_try_harder_2
    must_try_harder_2 Posts: 188 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2011 at 6:38PM
    Good idea - I'm up for trying this!
    First month I will aim to list some stuff on ebay, do as many surveys as possible and get back into doing mystery shopping.
    clairelh wrote: »

If it is something you would have bought anyway, I would definitely count it.

I think mine will go towards overpaying the mortgage as well.

Rhianna - how do you join edigital research? I have just looked at their site and can't figure it out.
  • Hey everyone good to see there are a few of us on here :)

I will be doing the following:

- Ebay
    - Musicmagpie
    - Surveys
    - Coupons

I am sure there are more things I can be doing but need to spend some time sorting out my budgets and deciding what I can and can't do.

Good luck everyone :beer:
    Debt free in 2012 - #117 £1454.73/£10813.21

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family