Booking a holiday using RBS Royalties Membership Service?

I've currently got a Graduate Royalties account with RBS and I notice that they say I can save 10% on flights and holidays. But I can't seem to find any more information about this service so I was wondering if anyone here can shed some light?

Is it just 10% off broucher deals or will they match the likes of Expedia? So say for example do I just phone up and say this is how much it is on Expedia and they work there 'magic' and get me 10% off?

Does it also work if I were to say phone them and tell them how much it costs if I book the hotel directly with the hotel company and they take 10% off?

Comments

• stw48
    stw48 Posts: 241 Forumite
    There is a travel service, basically a travel agency.
    They get a price as per a normal travel agent then take 10% off that, one benefit is free executive lounge access where available. It can be cheaper booking direct online sometimes.

Call membership services on 08705 62 55 55 and navigate to the travel service, your membership number is your sort code followed by your account number.

This is how it works for Royalties gold so I assume it is the same, the details should all be in your membership pack.
  • Just to let you know they are octopustravel
    I just phone to find out the benefits, and I had asked for Hotels in Glasgow, their 4 stars hotels were over double the price of the 5 stars hotels.

I would not recommend it. Even prices of for example Hilton, directly was very cheap compare with their prices.

I do not see the benefits.

Hope this helps.
  • jaggyjim
    jaggyjim Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have just used them to book a holiday to new york and the caribbean. It is a kuoni holiday but came in over 400 quid cheaper than kuoni themselves, 200 quid cheaper than trailfinders and even cheaper than if I had booked the hotel and flights separately. All the flights (6 in total) are all booked under the 1 ticket so if anything goes wrong (delays or cancellations etc) we are covered.
    I also used them last year to book a holiday to Sharm el Sheikh and again I searched the internet for deals and they were nearly 200 quid cheaper than the next best deal for a 4 star.
    Plus we get the access to the airport lounges :-)
    I have found that when booking hotels only, they use Superbreak and their allocation can be very low at the cheaper prices so once its gone its gone. I was trying to book the Hoxton hotel in London through them earlier this yr, and they were about 120 quid cheaper than the hotel itself for 4 nights. I rang back later as I was at work and wanted to double check the dates, and they price had gone up.
    Overall, I would rate them highly in terms of customer service and price.
  • jaggyjim
    jaggyjim Posts: 78 Forumite
    PedroLA wrote: »
    Just to let you know they are octopustravel
    I just phone to find out the benefits, and I had asked for Hotels in Glasgow, their 4 stars hotels were over double the price of the 5 stars hotels.

I would not recommend it. Even prices of for example Hilton, directly was very cheap compare with their prices.

I do not see the benefits.

Hope this helps.

They are not octopus travel. They are a travel agent called Affinion travel.
    Very suspicous 1st post - reported.
  • Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    We've used royalties for years. If you book a flight or a holiday they take 10% off - they have price matched 'ordinary' travel agents for me before today but not the likes of expedia. They will also take 10% of last minute prices too. They don't charge to use your credit card and as said previously you get the exec lounge
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
  • Engadine
    Engadine Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    jaggyjim wrote: »
    They are not octopus travel. They are a travel agent called Affinion travel.
    Very suspicous 1st post - reported.

Affinion Travel use a number of different suppliers including Octopus. Affinion also provide travel services for a number of different companies.
    :j Debt free since 31/01/08:j

• Hi everyone. I didn't really know how to use this service either as the RBS website does not give off much informaton. However i got the telephone number from a post on here. If anyone else needs it, its 08705625555. You will also need to know your membership number which is your sortcode number followed by your account number.
    I got through to an assistant straight away who was very helpful and pleasant. Her name was Imogen and she provided me with all the information I required.
    Basically you tell them where you want to fly out from, and to. How long you intend staying, and the date of travel, the company you would prefer to travel with and the resort you like. You tell her the quote you got online/travelagents and they will try and match it for you or give you it cheaper. She basically matched the price. The quote she gave me was £30 more expensive than the price I saw online, but the added benefit is that you get access to the executive lounge at your airport with free drinks, snacks, ice cream, newspapers and magazines.
    Its definitely worth a try to make use of your Royalties Gold, as you don't want to be paying a monthly fee for nothing do you.

Hope this helps anyone xx:p
  • I use Royaltied Gold all the time. I booked a cruise and stay in caribbean and got good discount and my friend could not get the same holiday as me for same price. She could have got a week in Barbados self catering and cost more than me so ended up staying on ship for a 2 week carribbean cruise. I have always paid less than tour operators. You also get airport lounge for drinks, snacks, free internet in Scotland. When in gatwick you were charged for using it. The lounge is quieter than in airport. 7 of us went to florida and as I booked it through Royalties everyone got into lounge and Glasgow now allows kids and there is a separate part in lounge for families.

I used Royaltied to book theatre tickets, hotels in uk, so is worth using it. I don't need to pay for travel insurance as it is also free.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure