FREE BBC Nuclear Bomb Script

raptorman
raptorman Posts: 1,912
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 27 January 2016 at 12:48PM in Freebies (no spend required)
Just released from the National archives is the script
which was prepared by the BBC in the 1970's to be read out in
the event of a Nuclear attack.

The .pdf is available here...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7648042.stm

MSE Official Insert:

The file should open automatically but if it doesn't download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
"Gort, klaatu barada nikto"

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves

!ǝʞoɹq sʇı 'dןǝɥ

Comments

• jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Very interesting news item, thanks!
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • Pip26
    Pip26 Posts: 2,368 Forumite
    Yes - v. interesting - thanks!
  • Complete with a spelling mistake, although I'm guessing if you've just entered the beginning of the end of the world, it may not be your highest priority lol.

Good post, thanks.
    Since joining (May 2008):
    I have provided fellow MSE members with: 3 x Months free DVD rental (LoveFilm), 4 x Free AA Batteries (Grabitnow.com). :A
    I have gratefully received from members: 4 x Free Tickets (Renault World Series, Goodwood Festival of Speed, Motorshow & County Cricket), TV on PC & Free Stamps.:beer:
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,116
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Complete with a spelling mistake, although I'm guessing if you've just entered the beginning of the end of the world, it may not be your highest priority lol.

Good post, thanks.

Is it me? I can't see any spelling mistakes, do you care enough to indicate where?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Farway wrote: »
    Is it me? I can't see any spelling mistakes, do you care enough to indicate where?

Looks like Aunty Beeb has corrected it since I first viewed it this morning.

Original pdf stated "you can't see it, you can't fell it".

Sorry, just my obsessive compulsive traits rearing their ugly head again. :rolleyes:
    Since joining (May 2008):
    I have provided fellow MSE members with: 3 x Months free DVD rental (LoveFilm), 4 x Free AA Batteries (Grabitnow.com). :A
    I have gratefully received from members: 4 x Free Tickets (Renault World Series, Goodwood Festival of Speed, Motorshow & County Cricket), TV on PC & Free Stamps.:beer:
  • Nice One! Cheers
  • thanks for this o/p- i used it as the basis for my 6th form drama group to improvise with- they were still acting 45 minutes later- absolutely brilliant!
    ... and whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should ...
  • deard69
    deard69 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Tis, interesting, i'd imagine if they did a new one, it would take two weeks to read it out, what with all the different languages.
  • deard69 wrote: »
    Tis, interesting, i'd imagine if they did a new one, it would take two weeks to read it out, what with all the different languages.

And not to mention the usual blatant advert for an up coming episode of 'Strictly come dancing' as per usual on the Beeb!
  • vixki
    vixki Posts: 99 Forumite
    Wow, v. interesting! Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills