webuyanycar.co.uk - any feedback?

Comments

• Vestra
    Vestra Posts: 856 Forumite
    But if they are valuing me car at £3000 online and the dealer I am buying a car at is offering me £2000 part exchange, surely they won't find £1000 worth of defects?
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    It's been said before that they will! Scuffs, scratches, chips in the widscreen, poor wipers...they will pick up every fault and lower the price accordingly. A previous post about this company offered about £2000 on line, they came out to inspect it and only got offered about £800 in the end! :shocked:
    another word tit

Was there any need for that? :confused:
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • i posted a similar thread last week. i went ahead and used them and was pretty happy with the result. i'm just waiting for the money to clear tomorrow. their offer was only slightly lower than their online valuation. if your happy with their online valuation i'd say go ahead and try them - you can always walk away if their offer is lower and you would only have wasted a day or two.
  • Hi there
    I tried another online valulation car website Bestcarbuyer.co.uk and recieved a quote for a 6 year old car £600-£800, but next day received an e-mail from them stating that the car was not in their purchasing criteria, so could not make me an offer.
    Regards
  • any feedback from people here who used this site?

They quoted a "so so" price online, but I fear that if/when I make the appointment to complete the transaction they will find any excuse to knock the price down further.

Hi, My son recently tried webuyanycar, he's going travelling and needed to sell his pride and joy, a SEAT Toledo V5. He had kept the car fully serviced and was forever polishing the damn thing. The quote he got was a mere £1195 plus they wanted a further £49 admin charge if he went through with the sale. I told him to shop around and see if he could get a better deal. He finally sold his car for £1525 to a company called yourcarsworthmore.com and they were true to there name although they did originaly offer £1650, but still they beat anycar by almost £400. I'm not sure if they are a national company but i would defiantly recommend shopping around. I hope this helps.
  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, My son recently tried webuyanycar, he's going travelling and needed to sell his pride and joy, a SEAT Toledo V5. He had kept the car fully serviced and was forever polishing the damn thing. The quote he got was a mere £1195 plus they wanted a further £49 admin charge if he went through with the sale. I told him to shop around and see if he could get a better deal. He finally sold his car for £1525 to a company called yourcarsworthmore.com and they were true to there name although they did originaly offer £1650, but still they beat anycar by almost £400. I'm not sure if they are a national company but i would defiantly recommend shopping around. I hope this helps.

The Website was only created on 26 April 2010.

You must have been one of the very first customers....... or do I detect some chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, and sodium nitrite to help keep its colour???
  • Wally75
    Wally75 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Have just posted on another thread re webuyanycar.

My advise would be to list any defects and be careful listing optional extras, as if they are standard on the car in question they will knock some off.

My online quote was £4,350, and they knocked £50 of because it had less than a months tax on it. This was a great result as I was only offered £2,800 and £3,600 in part-ex and £4,300 was about the going rate on Autotrader.

Cheers

Wally
  • any feedback from people here who used this site?

They quoted a "so so" price online, but I fear that if/when I make the appointment to complete the transaction they will find any excuse to knock the price down further.
    Dont go there unless you are absolutely desperate

I wanted to sell my 9 year old mpv (Renault Megane/Scenic) full mot in good condition.
    I asked them for a quote and the gave me an offer of £45.00 for my Renault, I declined and they offered me £65.00.
    They wanted to charge me a handling fee on top.

I ended up selling it for £950.00 in the local press
  • I sold to them a couple of years ago and got a good price but when I tried recently the price they offered was poor, I finally got 2K more as a trade in and that was in addition to a discount on the new car.
    You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! I’ll tickle your catastrophe (Henry IV part 2)
  • almondsalty
    almondsalty Posts: 112 Forumite
    They seem to offer prices for cars that are better than local dealers sometimes, although sometimes not so. Make a decision based on all possible sources, ie what your local garages would give you and make sure all charges are made clear!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure