Halifax ultimate reward phone insurance

HI, looking for advice. heres a copy of what i have just sent to halifax ultimate reward claim team.
To cut a long story short - i believe that the money they are offering for a replacement will not give me a phone of the same standard as i lost.
They claim it will.
What can i do next as halifax dont want to seem to budge

Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks

Dear sir / madam,

I have an accepted claim from yourselves but I am unhappy with what I am being offered.

I have been offered £310 from yourselves as a replacement to my lost black iphone 3gs 16gb. You are unable to directly offer me a replacement as the phone is no longer sold by apple. Instead you have offered me a cash settlement of £310.

I cannot see “an identical or equivalent handset” for this price. My phone was immaculate and had no scratches or marks on it. I looked after it well (obviously not when I lost it – but that’s why I have the insurance)

The phones offered to me by ultimate rewards are below.

The first one sold by wicked gadget (258.99) says that the phone will show light scratches to the screen and / or casing.

I do not consider that to be a fair replacement for my lost mint condition iphone

The second has had its software altered to make it jailbroken. I do not want a jailbroken phone - i think this may even be illegal

The third is locked to Orange, I am with o2.

The fourth is a white handset with no information.

I have had a good look through Amazon marketplace and can not find an identical or equivalent replacement iphone 3gs 16gb in black for under the price of £310. I have no problem getting a refurbished phone, It does say in your t&c that its not a new for old policy, I do however want an “identical or equivalent” handset which I just cannot see for £310.

Could you look into this and advise please.

Kind Regards

Comments

• rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You could replace it for £310 quite easily from ebay.
  • Hi, could I ask how you lost your phone or what you told the insurance company? I have lost mine today but I know there is some clause to do with losing it in a public place which gets them out of paying out! What isn't classed as a public place???

Your help would be much appreciated
    Regards
    Stu
  • ihateyes
    ihateyes Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    FITLIKE wrote: »
    HI, looking for advice. heres a copy of what i have just sent to halifax ultimate reward claim team.
    To cut a long story short - i believe that the money they are offering for a replacement will not give me a phone of the same standard as i lost.
    They claim it will.
    What can i do next as halifax dont want to seem to budge

Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks

Dear sir / madam,

I have an accepted claim from yourselves but I am unhappy with what I am being offered.

I have been offered £310 from yourselves as a replacement to my lost black iphone 3gs 16gb. You are unable to directly offer me a replacement as the phone is no longer sold by apple. Instead you have offered me a cash settlement of £310.

I cannot see “an identical or equivalent handset” for this price. My phone was immaculate and had no scratches or marks on it. I looked after it well (obviously not when I lost it – but that’s why I have the insurance)

The phones offered to me by ultimate rewards are below.

The first one sold by wicked gadget (258.99) says that the phone will show light scratches to the screen and / or casing.

I do not consider that to be a fair replacement for my lost mint condition iphone

The second has had its software altered to make it jailbroken. I do not want a jailbroken phone - i think this may even be illegal

The third is locked to Orange, I am with o2.

The fourth is a white handset with no information.

I have had a good look through Amazon marketplace and can not find an identical or equivalent replacement iphone 3gs 16gb in black for under the price of £310. I have no problem getting a refurbished phone, It does say in your t&c that its not a new for old policy, I do however want an “identical or equivalent” handset which I just cannot see for £310.

Could you look into this and advise please.

Kind Regards

how can you prove the phone is inmint immaculate condition. unfortunately the payout is based on market value, rather than condition.
    Promo codes are never always cheaper..... isnt that right EuropCar?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure