Cancel or change emirates flight tickets

Hi I booked a return flight to australia for 2 adults with emirates with ebookers.com. I'd like to change the dates we travel due to a change in the availability of my family is aus (who we're visiting) and was wondering where I stood with cancellation/change charges. I'm currently trying to ring ebookers but it's constantly engaged. The trouble is we bought it using a debit card and of yet haven't bought any travel insurance. It says on the ebookers website that they will charge £25 for each ticket cancelled but I don't know what emirates will charge and if the tickets are refundable (they were the cheapest I could find). Any help would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• jcorbygas
    jcorbygas Posts: 581
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If they were the cheapest tickets you will find that most certainly they will not be changeable or be refundable. You should read the terms and conditions that you would have seen when you booked the flights.
    However, you should get back the taxes that you paid.
  • andyj941
    andyj941 Posts: 33 Forumite
    I did and nowhere did I notice anything about it. They have told me that it's £400 to cancel and out of the total £1719.40 we paid we'll get back the full amount minus the £400. So that's not really an option because it's too expensive. Or to change to tickets to a different date would be £75 from emirates and £10 from ebookers, so £170 in total. It's annoying because the flight that goes out on the date we want to move it to is a lot cheaper than what we paid for and we could potentially be on that flight but be paying £170 more
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    andyj941 wrote: »
    I did and nowhere did I notice anything about it. They have told me that it's £400 to cancel and out of the total £1719.40 we paid we'll get back the full amount minus the £400. So that's not really an option because it's too expensive. Or to change to tickets to a different date would be £75 from emirates and £10 from ebookers, so £170 in total. It's annoying because the flight that goes out on the date we want to move it to is a lot cheaper than what we paid for and we could potentially be on that flight but be paying £170 more

What are the options if you stick to the original dates?
    Relatives not there so hotel cost?

How far in advance are we talking here and how big is the date change ?

£170 is not a great amount in the whole scheme of things.

OH
    BTW
    Buy travel insurance NOW :eek:
  • The only reason we are going is to stay with my family. Flights are for the 16th April to 8th May and I'm planning to move it forward a whole 5 weeks to 12th March 3rd April. Will do!
  • Confused now as emirates say they don't charge for the first change to a ticket but charge £75 for a second subsequent change. Therefore since this will be the first and only change ebookers should only be charging 2 x £10 admin in total! What the ____ is going on
  • Ebookers say that the free change only applies after departure so can only be done once we're in australia which isn't much use to me. I will get to the bottom of this even if it takes me the rest of the year!
  • Yes this is true it's only after departure that you can change details once for free.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    andyj941 wrote: »
    to change to tickets to a different date would be £75 from emirates and £10 from ebookers,

Good reason to avoid ebookers.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • cundall
    cundall Posts: 859 Forumite
    When i booked with Travelocity and emirates i just went direct and bypassed them and not had any problems changing the dates... though i had departed.
  • andyj941
    andyj941 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Ok so I changed the dates 24 hours ago. Trouble is on the emirates booking manager page it has the new flights and dates on the first page but when you go to view/print eticket for each passenger the old flights (5 weeks later) are still on the eticket. Also the new seats I requested aren't recorded anywhere. I'm inclined to think that they just haven't changed it yet since I haven't yet been charged the change fee (it's yet to come out of my account). Anyone else had experience making changes and the website not reflecting them straight away?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure