How long to get a mortgage offer

I`m hoping to porti my mortgage with Nationwide, with no additional lending. We hope to exchange contracts by the end of August and have an appointmrent with a Nationwide mortgage advisor on Friday, this leaves 26 days to get the mortgage offer to the solicitors.

Do any of the motgage advisors on here now how feasible this is?
Thanks

Comments

• AndrewSmith
    AndrewSmith Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Why not ask the Nationwide advisor?

As a broker I would say it is feasable however it does depend on the specifics of your case.

Even though you are porting it will still be subject to credit check/score, income verification, underwriting, valuation etc.

Nationwide are turning them round in about 2-3 weeks in general at the moment so I would say you need to advise them of the exchange date when you apply for the mortgage.
  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My cousin ported hers last month and it took 2 weeks, but as the above poster says check with your nationwide advisor
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • foiled
    foiled Posts: 26 Forumite
    Thank you both for your quick response.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 200 Forumite
    The important thing in getting an offer quickly is ensuring all the correct info is in the lender's hands ASAP.
    Scott
  • Yes, sending all the right documents (payslips, bank statements etc) that they ask for avoids delays.

Then again my offer was held up for 2 weeks because the 'case owner' was on holiday. Next time I will definitely keep phoning to chase them.
  • aloiseb
    aloiseb Posts: 701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We used the L and C broker and unfortunately he was a bit too sanguine about how exact we needed to be on one of our forms, which has resulted in a delay. I'd probably deal direct another time, to avoid this sort of thing - AND I'd use the solicitor the estate agent recommends too, as it would save having to listen to him badmouthing our solicitor every time things get held up...)
  • david29dpo
    david29dpo Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    got mine in 4 days from the west brom!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business