Pots of gold help!

Comments

• Lydia82 wrote: »
    What could one use instead of Ferrero Rocher? Or just fill up using smaller golden wrapped sweets?

Werthers are a good option, they're 84p a bag in Tesco and really gold and shiny. I also plan on looking in Woollies at their pick and mix selection. My Dad doesn't like FR so I'm going to have to find something extra to subsitute his with.
    FTB Tracker
    Offer Accepted: May 2nd
    Mortgage Application: May 3rd

Survey: May 13th / Satisfactory Valuation: May 13th
    Formal Offer Text: May 16th

Exchange/Completion...still waiting :(
  • I probably sound like I have completely lost the plot now ... however if someone can find gold pie cases these would work?

I just spotted these ... there is a size guide for them not sure if they would be any good but ideal for making up a few??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Gold-foil-LARGE-muffin-paper-cases-birthday-fairy_W0QQitemZ380081008653QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item380081008653&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • RoxieW
    RoxieW Posts: 3,016 Forumite
    I think they'd look great if you cellophane them up and use a gold pull bow :)
    MANAGED TO CLEAR A 3K OVERDRAFT IN ONE FRUGAL, SUPER CHARGED MONEY EARNING MONTH!:j
    £10 a day challenge Aug £408.50, Sept £90
    Weekly.
    155/200
    "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, It's compromise that moves us along."
  • Hi

I'm putting McVities Gold chocolate biscuit bars in with mine (pack of 9 for 99p), thought it would bulk it out a bit while keeping the gold theme going. Haven't done them yet so not sure how they will look;)
    Feb GC £80 per week (Well I'm gunna try:whistle:)
    Diet starts today(31/12/16)! Only 18lbs to lose:eek:

4/2/16 - 13lbs to lose:D
    11/2/16 - 12lbs to lose:D
    3/3/16 - 11lbs to lose:D
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Hi

I'm putting McVities Gold chocolate biscuit bars in with mine (pack of 9 for 99p), thought it would bulk it out a bit while keeping the gold theme going. Haven't done them yet so not sure how they will look;)

Oooh thanks, another brilliant idea, do you mind if I steal it? I know my sister loves these and you can't get them in bulgaria! ... only problem is if I buy them then I will either A - eat them myself or B - fight with OH and my kids so they don't eat them!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    they look fab Rusty will be copying them for my lot if you dont mind I was going to put a lucky dip lottery ticket in as well folded like a scroll with a gold ribbon
    Frugal challenge 2024

• xkymx
    xkymx Posts: 494 Forumite
    not done mine yet but i have bought some cheap gold lamnetta i know thats spelt wrong lol but you know what i mean the tinsel stuff :D but they look good are you going to wrap them up :D what ever you devide on the people who they are for will love them

as for cheap bowls they had nice ones in morrisons xmas plastic ones 99p and they were bogof :D hth
  • papworth
    papworth Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There is often a special lottery on Christmas Eve isn't there? I'm waiting to see. I'm struggling to find gold pots as well and Ikea is about 100 miles away!
  • Oooh thanks, another brilliant idea, do you mind if I steal it? I know my sister loves these and you can't get them in bulgaria! ... only problem is if I buy them then I will either A - eat them myself or B - fight with OH and my kids so they don't eat them!

I know what you mean:rotfl: I,ve left mine in my desk at work until I'm ready to make them because if I take them home they will disappear before they even get near a pot of gold:D
    Feb GC £80 per week (Well I'm gunna try:whistle:)
    Diet starts today(31/12/16)! Only 18lbs to lose:eek:

4/2/16 - 13lbs to lose:D
    11/2/16 - 12lbs to lose:D
    3/3/16 - 11lbs to lose:D
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    rusty - your pots of gold look brilliant ! :T
    (hardly dare look at my gravy granule tub full of mine..................lol):rotfl:
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport