DSG Product Replacement Vouchers

Heyy its me again lol

As the title says I have DSG Product Replacement Vouchers for a large amount and I don't actually want to spend them in their shops, has anyone ever managed to get a cheque settlement for this when they have had their coverplan warranties...

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Rebel
    Rebel Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nope, sorry I think it extremely unlikely (if not completely impossible) to get a cash/cheque alternative.

They give you vouchers that HAVE to be spent in their store to keep the money in house and as the warranty is not compulsory you agree to their T&C's by taking it out (I was also in the same position a couple of months ago)
  • Amys
    Amys Posts: 919 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    The vouchers are for you to get a replacement product, and are part of the T&C you agreed to. Compared to some other policies they are actually quite good as at least with vouchers you have a choice on what item to get, rather than just being given a straight replacment.
  • luke123456
    luke123456 Posts: 348 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    its just that dixons sell the same online for £300 cheaper, so I will be paying £300 extra, when I would not have too if I bought it with them...huh!!

Any ideas? thanks peeps
  • Have you tried asking them to price match? Often do not do it with online shops but if I recall rightly Dixons is part of DSG group! I am assuming the vouchers cannot be spent online?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Whatever you do I'd do it quickly, with firms going to the wall on a weekly basis, I'd be concerned that the vouchers would become worthless if DSG went under.
    Same applies to any other vouchers with the possible exception of Tesco.:rotfl:
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Have you tried asking them to price match? Often do not do it with online shops but if I recall rightly Dixons is part of DSG group! I am assuming the vouchers cannot be spent online?

yes your right dixons is part of the DSG group,
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    luke123456 wrote: »
    its just that dixons sell the same online for £300 cheaper, so I will be paying £300 extra, when I would not have too if I bought it with them...huh!!

Any ideas? thanks peeps

is the item the same price in dixons
  • my argument if i was to be offered refund in the form of vouhcers would be?

reflecting the current situation concerning companies going into administration?

'how will i know you will be in business, in twelve months/(X months) time when i need to cash them in?'

dont settle for vouchers (they are not worth it!), read this story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7803406.stm

with the current state of business affairs, companies going to the wall fight for your hard earned CASH!!!!

I wouldnt have a problem accepting vouchers from say morrisons or tescos, because bread and milk are summut you need day in day out (even then i wouldnt want more than say a £50 worth!)

but for shopping at DSG? its not every week you pick up a telly, freezer etc its a cop out by DSG they know that SOME people will prob forget they have the vouchers so many months down the line ( or they might not even be in business )
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    my argument if i was to be offered refund in the form of vouhcers would be?

reflecting the current situation concerning companies going into administration?

'how will i know you will be in business, in twelve months/(X months) time when i need to cash them in?'

dont settle for vouchers (they are not worth it!), read this story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7803406.stm

with the current state of business affairs, companies going to the wall fight for your hard earned CASH!!!!

I wouldnt have a problem accepting vouchers from say morrisons or tescos, because bread and milk are summut you need day in day out (even then i wouldnt want more than say a £50 worth!)

but for shopping at DSG? its not every week you pick up a telly, freezer etc its a cop out by DSG they know that SOME people will prob forget they have the vouchers so many months down the line ( or they might not even be in business )

In the situation described by the OP, your argument is not relevant. The OP took out a policy that covered him for a replacement product from the same store that he bought the original item from. The DSG Group are still trading, so there is no reason why he cannot replace the item now.

OP, I had the same problem, but with vouchers issued by my insurance company. That was even more frustrating as I had originally bought the Walkman (going back a while) from John Lewis! However the terms of the insurance said that they would replace the product, and they were within their rights to decide how the item was replaced.

Sorry, but I doubt you will get much joy in asking for a cheque, unless it was for a greatly reduced amount (even then I think you would struggle).
    Gone ... or have I?
  • The voucher is for a replacement. If the model you had previously is no longer available, the voucher will be for the value of an equivalent product. The equivalent product will be decided by the company.

If you wish to purchase something more expensive, you can add to the voucher with cash. If you purchase a product that is less than the value of the voucher, you will not get any change (either vouchers or cash) so you may as well spend the full amount.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure