Is this real? Or scam?

Comments

• gw23
    gw23 Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker

We have sent you this email because you registered on the database of Viajes TUTTOCARD SL.

This lot also send mails telling you that you've been selected as a "holiday tester" (yeh, in my dreams!) and you'll get a £1000 to go to Thailand or some such exotic place - click the link.
  • angelcake
    angelcake Posts: 4,496 Forumite
    Just received this email! Glad I googled before clicking!! gutted! Thanks op
    :p:p Angel :p:p
  • Yes just got that e-mail. Glad to find this forums to confirm this is a scram. Thanks all for posting your comments.
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Spam,

Ive had these kinds of things several times
    :money::rotfl::T
  • This seems like so many attempted scams - some of which have caused considerable problems with my computer picking up hijacking programmes that are hard to get rid of. I'm a bit concerned that this one turned up in my inbox. I don't know if anyone has advice but I am inundated with spam from the USA which urge me to take out car insurance at $9 a day and other similar offers?
  • Spam. I get these several times a day. If you try to unsubscribe you're really just confirming your e-mail address for more spam. Very annoying and wish something could be done about it.
  • lilpan
    lilpan Posts: 19 Forumite
    Thanks so much for this. Just received an email from hotolbono/bontour/Viajes TUTTOCARD SL saying I had won an ipad. Very suspicious and thankfully checked here before clicking the link. I am new to comp-ing so was hoping it was my first win :-(
    2014 wins: Bath Rugby Tickets, Lush gift set, Lego Chima watch, 3 course Curry meal, Hipp Dessert, Lego Movie goodies, Rio 2 goody bag, Decadent Decaf coffee
    2013 wins: Koala

Thanks to all who post, you are great!:T
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    This is what I love about this site, you can check out anything if you're not sure and get the answer you thought. I got the email today. Shame I could've done with a new phone, but knowing my luck I'd end up winning an actual apple :rotfl:

Have reported the email as spam!!
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £70.33 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • Hi

This is still doing the rounds, just received exactly the same email! I looked up Bonotours and this site was the first result, so thought I'd let people know they're still at it!!
  • Paris_x
    Paris_x Posts: 333 Forumite
    I totally agree with all of the comments above - If I were you I would google the 'activate link' - i'm on a mac but I think on a PC you just right click and select copy link (without clicking to open it if you see what I mean) to see if there are any other online reports of the link :)
    2012 wins...McCain Film Rental...Smooth Radio Gig Tickets...Tropicana Orange Juice...Balance Me Skincare Set...Book...Dave Spikey Tickets...Karrimor Boots...Jabra Speakers...

Thank you to all the lovely competition/answers/codes posters :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport