RBS Competency Based Interview - HELP!

Comments

• DazzaMc
    DazzaMc Posts: 811
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Had the interview this morning. Wasn't quite what I expected! I'd read stories on the internet with the questions they were asked and mine were quite different. Just general questions about me and my past work, then 3 competency questions. I was asked to give examples of when I'd had to persuade someone to buy something, when I'd had to reach targets and when I'd interacted with customers. Then I had a little test - had to match up different customers with insurance products I could offer them. Then we had a role play. I had to pretend I was the telephone salesperson and the interviewer was the customer enquiring about home insurance. It felt weird and I didn't quite know what to say. And there was a bit of an awkward silence in the middle :s But it seemed to end quite well, she was interested in buying the product.

I got out at about 10.40 and she said I'd get a call later today if I'd got the job it's now 4.09 so I'm presuming I haven't got it but the call centre is open until 9 so who knows...

Thanks for the help, guys.
  • Keep us updated and let us know how you got on.

I used to work for RBS, and when I went for my interview, I was told I would be told within 2 weeks if I had the job. My friend who also had an interview for the same job, was called that day to say he wasn't getting the job, I waited for 3 weeks and then phoned them to be told I had the job, but she had forgot to tell me! :rotfl: and my branch visit of where I would be working was the next again day! :rotfl:

Good luck xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • DazzaMc
    Forumite
    Keep us updated and let us know how you got on.

I used to work for RBS, and when I went for my interview, I was told I would be told within 2 weeks if I had the job. My friend who also had an interview for the same job, was called that day to say he wasn't getting the job, I waited for 3 weeks and then phoned them to be told I had the job, but she had forgot to tell me! :rotfl: and my branch visit of where I would be working was the next again day! :rotfl:

Good luck xx

So I guess they might ring another day? Well that gives me a little bit of hope. Only a little, mind. Don't think I got it. Really needed the job, too! Did you work at a call centre?
  • DazzaMc wrote: »
    So I guess they might ring another day? Well that gives me a little bit of hope. Only a little, mind. Don't think I got it. Really needed the job, too! Did you work at a call centre?

Who arranged recruitment, RBS or an agency? I'd hang in there for now, there's still hope.
    £1 / 50p 2011 holiday flight + hotel expenses = £98.50600

HSBC 8% 12mth regular savings = £80 out of a maximum remaining allowance of £2500

"3 months' salary" reserve = £00 / £3600 :eek:
  • DazzaMc
    Forumite
    It was RBS.
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 February 2010 at 10:22PM
    When I applied they told me they would contact me by the end of the day two weeks later got the all important phone call :rotfl:

Good luck hope you get it ;-)
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • NGlady
    NGlady Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Ooo I had a phone call about a position with them in their Nottingham office. They contacted me directly from Reed. Unfortunatly would have took a two hour journey either side, I got through the telephone interviews and was offered the face 2 face but too far :(
    Learning to be 'good with money'
  • DazzaMc
    Forumite
    stclair wrote: »
    When I applied they told me they would contact me by the end of the day two weeks later got the all important phone call :rotfl:

Good luck hope you get it ;-)

was it for one of their call centres?
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    DazzaMc wrote: »
    was it for one of their call centres?

Yes it was for telephone banking.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • DazzaMc wrote: »

There' s a good chance they could call you in a few days. No I worked in a branch.
    Have you heard anything yet? They should call you to let you know either way.xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family