Recorded signed for letter/parcel arrived yesterday? - help!

And I have no idea what it could be. Hope it's something nice :D

Did anyone get a parcel/letter sent recorded signed for yesterday?
(Postie didn't tick card so I don't know which it is!)

Comments

• Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Hope it's something nice for you. I do wish postmen would fill the cards in fully. We get them left with just the surname when there are 3 of us that get post here, which of us are supposed to turn up at the office with ID? Or the card says leave at least 3 hours before collecting.....from when? If you're not in when he leaves the card you don't know that do you?
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Or when you want to redeliver and the code you need is completely illegible!

I do wish that, I've chased him down the road before! :)

Hope it's something nice:) xxx
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Did you happen to get a WEM from any of the LOOK dailies? I won a voucher with them, WEM arrived last Friday and voucher arrived yesterday by special delivery (postie woke me up to sign for it)
  • I did! I won a £50 New Look voucher so it's probably that :D

That's very quick delivery for a daily win, very impressed!

Cheers :D
  • Madstuff
    Madstuff Posts: 122 Forumite
    I got a recorded signed for yesterday and it was for a Death Race 3: Inferno DVD. Fingers crossed yours is a bigger win!

Nice little surprise along with a Kingsmill butter knife I'd forgotten about!
    Back to comping after a few years out! Good luck everyone :beer:
  • renegadia
    renegadia Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    I do wish postmen would fill the cards in fully. We get them left with just the surname when there are 3 of us that get post here, which of us are supposed to turn up at the office with ID?
    Someone with the same surname that's been left on the card perhaps?
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    Or the card says leave at least 3 hours before collecting.....from when? If you're not in when he leaves the card you don't know that do you?
    3 hours from the time the postie left the card, which would be the time normally written in the time box, top left of the card?
    Golly, I've got the newt pregnant...

**Gulp**
  • My postie never fills in the card properly but then he also crosses out the bit about going to the delivery office and just drops it off at the village post office - which is a great thing. So I don't mind.
    Save £200 a month : [STRIKE]Oct[/STRIKE] Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
  • Barnabysue
    renegadia wrote: »
    Someone with the same surname that's been left on the card perhaps?

You'd think wouldn't you, but there was one for my Daughter that they wouldn't let my DH pick up, same surname, same address, but it had to be her.
    renegadia wrote: »
    3 hours from the time the postie left the card, which would be the time normally written in the time box, top left of the card?

Which he hadn't filled in, that was the point I was making. They seem to just fill in the bare minimum.

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • renegadia
    renegadia Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    How very odd, maybe not all DO's are as easy-going as ours, just the surname would be enough, but then ours is a lickle one.

Re: the time, that's a bit of an issue. All I can suggest there is point it out to one of the DO's managers, not the person in the calling office, mind you, would prolly just be a mild 'don't do that again', but if it happened enough times and enough complaints were made then something might get done. Failing that you could phone the Cust Servs on their non-geo number or fire a tweet off, might even get some stamps out of it...

Sorry if I came across as bristly, wasn't intentional. It's just I fill the cards out properly and wouldn't want the relatively adequate at best posties like me tarred with the same brush ;)
    Golly, I've got the newt pregnant...

**Gulp**
  • Barnabysue
    Totally understand, we had a regular postie for ages and I think he spoilt us, then he had the nerve to retire ;).

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure