PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Comments

• Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Rossy2692 wrote: »

That's quite a bargain. Curry's recently opened over here - I haven't been yet but it might be worth having a look.
  • LV_Sue
    LV_Sue Posts: 273 Forumite
    edited 12 November 2012 at 8:14PM
    i dont know if they still do the potato peeler thingy?
    i remember years ago my dad got one for his Kenwood
    we loaded the potatoes in
    switched it on and waited
    lots of rumbling around
    we opened it and all the lovely big potatoes were the size of marbles :o

ok we left them in too long
    but it was one of those, we used once and never again:rotfl:

it was a huge metal bowl with a lid, and it was lined with what appeared to be metal looking sandpaper

what a thing to clean as well :(

Ooh I had one of those with my first Chef about 40 years ago! Another thing that was only used once and consigned to the back of the cupboard.:( I'm glad it came with my Chef and I didn't have to buy it as an extra!;) I sent it to a jumble sale in the end and someone was delighted with her purchase. I wonder if she still has it? :rotfl:

I'm on my 2nd chef now - the first one burnt out after 40 years of use.:(:( I will say though, that my new(ish) one is not as powerful as my original one. I think the current models have different size motors. My younger daughter inherited my friend's Chef (about 35 years old) and it seems to work better than my new one. Hers also has a glass/Pyrex bowl whereas mine is plastic. My elder daughter has the titanium Chef and that certainly is more powerful than mine.:(
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Justamum wrote: »

Thats the one I have and I love it, but I didn't pay anything like that, think it was about £239 ish, but it was about 4 yrs ago ish somewhere online-will have a look to see if I can see where it was from.

I know I searched for a while for the best price and this was an offer and miles better than anywhere else.

Mind you the money came from a competition win anyway so really I suppose it was free lol.

I am the only one who gives it a little stroke when I walk into the kitchen :rotfl:. Love mine, but I have never got around to using it from breadmaking much. I am thinking with bread prices likely to shoot up in the next year because of the wheat harvest failures its a good time to get into my own breadmaking.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've inherited one that was made sometime in the late 1960s and am just about to send it off to be rennovated. SO EXCITED!

Where are you sending it? I think mine would benefit. It's the best thing ever I got off freecycle! My mum had one when I was a child.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • Rossy2692 wrote: »

This is my lil beauty!!!! :)

I got this one from Makro about 4/5 years ago - it was £100 + VAT - unbelievable price!! I haven't seen it so cheap since and I have to say I didn't realise how expensive they are now until I was talking to someone at work about them.

Love it to bits for cakes and dough. It gets a bit worrying how entertaining it is to watch the dough being flung around the bowl.

I haven't done mashed potato in mine - is it just a case of using the k-beater and mixing it all up? (This seems so simple, why have I not thought of this before?!)
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Justamum wrote: »
    Maybe she thinks everyone sits in front of Strictly Big X Ice Talent Get Me Out of Here with a box of Mr Kipling's finest :rotfl::rotfl:

£70 is an excellent price for even the cheapest brand new one - but which model is it?
    hi its a kenwood classic silver metal bowl same as the link in post above its great!!!!!!!!!1 and yes your right she buys EVERYTHING readymade and i mean EVERYTHING must cost her a fortune in food a week she brought in those tiny pots of fruit about 3 quid and readymade sandwiches or ate out ......i used to be jelous, dont know what shes doing now as i left work in Feb.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    craigywv wrote: »
    hi its a kenwood classic silver metal bowl same as the link in post above its great!!!!!!!!!1 and yes your right she buys EVERYTHING readymade and i mean EVERYTHING must cost her a fortune in food a week she brought in those tiny pots of fruit about 3 quid and readymade sandwiches or ate out ......i used to be jelous, dont know what shes doing now as i left work in Feb.

It sounds like her mum was trying to tactfully let her know she was being too extravagent. Oh well, your gain :D
  • Loaf of bread proving in my Kenwood bowl tonight :)
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • Well got withdrawl from my Kenwood as i didnt use it yesterday :O So today i had a short work day so home i came and started him up!!!

Loaf, choc cake, buttermilk scones and bread rolls for tea :) Phew am bushed!!! Love love love my Kenwood!!!

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • Pancake batter this morning! Yeah i could have done it by hand but am still trying everything out! :) hehe bread rolls were a hit last night to go with the chargrilled chicken! little homemade touches elevate a simple meal dontcha think! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure