PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Toilet Seat Hinges

2»

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    We've had 3 seats with brass hinges and they did get verdigris no matter what I did. We've now got one with stainless steel hinges (bought in haste last Sunday afternoon when the previous seat broke half an hour before B&Q was due to close!) so i'm hoping that will be much easier to keep clean!:p
  • B & Q sell the hinges on their own. I bought one with plastic covered hinges, problem solved!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• Try some clear nailvarnish after cleaning them thoroughly. That will stop the air getting to the metal and tarnishing.

As SS say's it's the damp atmosphere that contributes to the problem.
    i should have thought of that after the recent threads on here about the amazing uses for clear nail varnish..........!
    :happyhear
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    My mum has just bought one from our local B&Q equivalent (Taskers for those of you who live nearby - it's a Liverpool only firm ATM). Her's is a plastic hinged one that she can easily remove weekly to clean up after my dad & brother :eek: I think it may also be an "anti-slam" one :think: I know the one in her cloak room downstairs only drops so far and then gently lowers itself - frightened the life out of DD when she first used it :rotfl:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure