Incapacity to Employment and support Allowance

2»

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Nobody's happy about losing money but since you have a pension income to live on, the government says you don't need the ESA. You have DLA too, so do you need the ESA? You should look to reducing your expenses.
    I read on another thread that they automatically put IB claimants on contribution based ESA wrag, so I'm not judging, just asking.
    If you feel you should be in support group then you should appeal based on this, though from what I've rad, you only need to be physically capable of doing some type of work to be in wrag.

I think it's important we stick to the focus of getting people their entitlements.. whether they need the money is probably for another place.

The statement you've read regarding transfers from IB is not true... people coming from IB can be placed into either group or denied ESA. Whether they are required to have a face to face medical as part of that assessment for transfer is a question answered on individual basis.

Regarding criteria for support group. Again what you've read isn't technically accurate. To qualify for the support you need to be accepted as having met at least one support group descriptor or special circumstance criteria for support group. Whether you are capable of some type of work is actually totally irrelevant... the work capability assessment at best may carry headline statements like this for tabloid classifications regarding ESA.... but the WCA in reality simply looks for whether statements of disability in various areas of function (and some non function) written into law apply to the claimant. Depending upon which ones are found to apply determines which group, if any, the claimant gets put in.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • mynameistallulah
    mynameistallulah Posts: 2,238 Forumite
    pauliew wrote: »
    not to offend anyone but her job description on report is a physotherapist..
    Now surley as my condition has not changed and will in fact not improve(I have chronic pelvis pain syndrome)

A physio is far more likely to have expertise in such a condition than a GP - best to let go of your preconceived ideas before approaching any appeal.

Do you meet any of the Support Group descriptors?
  • 1plus1equal3
    1plus1equal3 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    sorry if i am on the wrong page, im not very computer literate, and not sure how to post on these forums.I have been recieving income support for 3 years, i became ill with fibromyalgia, and pain amplification after falling into a hole at work, (i didnt claim compensation for it).At the moment i recieve £71 income support and an additional £ 30.35 for illness/disability, making a total of £101.35, it is my belief that people are being moved off of income support , and on to esa, and that not many make it into the support group, so the probability is, that i will be in the work related group.But correct me if i am wrong , this is only £71 plus £28.15 work related premium, which will be a reduction of nearly £2 a week, it probably seems trival to some on here, but i live on a very tight budget, as i live in a totally electric house , which though it is meant to be cheap to run , has proven to be extremely expensive , so every penny counts. I dont understand why the rates are lower, can anyone advise please.
  • HB58
    HB58 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    1+1=3, AIUI, there are transitional arrangements in place to ensure that people do not lose out financially when transferring from IB to ESA. As long as you are awarded ESA, you should continue to get at least as much money as you do now (but you would not get any annual increases until ESA has caught up with your current award).
  • pauliew
    pauliew Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hi thanks for all the replys,and please don't judge that I have no need for the benefits,I have a mortgage,pay all my council tax and pay tax on Benifts and pension.My pensions are only 400'a month,not enough to pay all bills and mortgage etc,I have no debt luckily,as I paid it off..
    Also I receive my Disabilty benefit now but what about next year with the new benefit coming in,so I may lose that also,so may loose my home as I can't pay mortgage,,also if I move I will loose my support network
    It's a extremely worrying time
  • Broke_n_Broken
    Broke_n_Broken Posts: 195 Forumite
    I'm not judging, just asking.

This is what i was getting at....
    pauliew wrote: »
    I have a mortgage,pay all my council tax and pay tax on Benifts and pension.My pensions are only 400'a month,not enough to pay all bills and mortgage etc

Sorry that wasn't clear, and I should have added the disclaimer "It seems..." for the rest. That's posting at 2am eh?
    Those on ESA alone only get about £400 a month, plus some other benefits which you may get.
    If/ when you lose you ESA you may qualify for council tax benefit, LHA to pay mortgage interest and you should stop paying tax on your income, though I'm not sure.
    Isn't there a scheme where the gov. tops up your pension if it's under a certain amount? Again not sure.
    I wish I could fly, right up to the sky! But I can't...
    Famous Last Words: Bus?... What B....
    I reserve the right to edit my posts so you are wrong & I am right!
  • pauliew
    pauliew Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hi thanks for all the replies,I have seen My Benifits advisor,he said what I had come to believe relunctantly that I have no grounds for Appel,so I will just have to save like an Fiend for the next year,it will be hard but I'll get by,I always do,cheers for all advice folk,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure