Anyone used Buyfinediamonds.com ???

Anyone ???

Trying to find out if they are legit or not....have stuff on Ebay and Amazon and an on-line shop.....

can't see any reviews of it anywhere so very wary about parting with cash to them.

Does anyone know anything of them or about them ???

Comments

• thatguy1
    thatguy1 Posts: 5,363
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 19 March 2010 at 3:27PM
    according to there site their address is
    7,88-90 Hatton Garden
    London EC1N 8PN
    UK

BUT... that's the address of E Katz & Co Ltd - https://www.ekatz.co.uk
    ALSO
    7 Hatton Garden is Bassange Jewellery - https://www.bassange.com

they do have a lot of positive feedback on Amazon
  • dblue75
    dblue75 Posts: 665 Forumite
    Hmmmm.................Dodgy then ?????
  • dblue75
    dblue75 Posts: 665 Forumite
    Buy Fine Diamonds(0 Miles)
    Be the 1st to rate this business
    Unit 7/88-90 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8PN
    Tel: 020 7404 0492
    Jewellers in EC1N8PN
    Map | Reviews

From Thomson local ......maybe they are Genuine ???
  • They are based in the jewellery quarter in london, that could be the reason for so many jewellers names coming up at that address. I ordered a wedding ring from their ebay site, have just received it this morning, will let you know what the jewellers say when i take it in to get valued, looks lovely though hope its real as its a bargain if so!
    Thank you to everyone who takes the time to post comps :beer:
  • Mr_P_5
    Mr_P_5 Posts: 810 Forumite
    I am potentially looking at buying from them to.... very good price quoted! Have you had chance to get your ring valued?
    £2008 for 2008 club No. 286
    Jan wins - £213, Feb wins - £55.80 March Wins - £27
    (left to go: £1712.20)
  • Twuntenstein
    Twuntenstein Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 7 July 2010 at 12:23PM
    Hello,

Had to register to let you know that I had a great experience with buyfinediamonds.com. Had the same suspicions as you, but took the plunge and bought some earnings for my wife for our wedding - had them checked and everything was absolutely perfect, jeweller confirmed them to be what they said they were.

While I'm on would also recommend the beautiful company, we got our rings from them, again well less than the high street and had a very good experience, were prompt, good at communicating and generally took the stress out of buying wedding rings.

Hope that helps, off to hunt out washing machine bargins I logged on for...:)
  • I looked at them as well and waiting for a jeweller friend to have a look. I'll post what they say. Twuntenstein 'beautiful company' - you don't by any chance work for them?
  • Mr_P_5
    Mr_P_5 Posts: 810 Forumite
    spacecraft wrote: »
    I looked at them as well and waiting for a jeweller friend to have a look. I'll post what they say. Twuntenstein 'beautiful company' - you don't by any chance work for them?

I wondered that to! - I have ordered from them... very good price and all seems good! i will let you know what mine is like... look forward to seeing what your jeweller friend says!

When speaking to the company they said they had only been selling to the public for 2-3 months as they were 100% trade before! may explain the prices!
    £2008 for 2008 club No. 286
    Jan wins - £213, Feb wins - £55.80 March Wins - £27
    (left to go: £1712.20)
  • Twuntenstein
    Twuntenstein Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 7 July 2010 at 12:26PM
    spacecraft wrote: »
    I looked at them as well and waiting for a jeweller friend to have a look. I'll post what they say. Twuntenstein 'beautiful company' - you don't by any chance work for them?

No, have no connection - just wanted to reward a company for good service with a mention as found when looking at similar things to buyfinediamonds and had similar concerns with both about cost and registered business addresses, etc. Had a good experiene with both, think people are often quick to criticise poor service, so wanted to offer positive mention for those who provide a good experience.

Incidentally, I bought from both last September, so saying they were just trade until 2/3 months ago isn't correct - and now makes me wonder! Still the goods were checked out and legit, so no problem I suppose.
  • I bought from them and my local jeweller valued their product at much more than I paid.

Some of the diamonds are not the best quality but they do show their clarity etc clearly on their website.

I was very pleased with their quick service and even more pleased when my local jeweller told me their valuation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure