RBS PPI Claims dept - here is the address and tel no.

2»

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks Dunstonh, so I should take the money and draw a line under it?

Tanya - I sent the template from this site on 9th, received an acknowledgement letter dated 23rd August on 30th August and the outcome letter dated the same day 23rd August on 2nd September so no time at all really.

I'm not sure if the decision has been swayed by the fact that the bank once tried process a life insurance request for me and retrieved medical records, the outcome was an extremely high premium. If they have this information on file then they would know that my request was genuine. :)

The life assurance company of the bank wouldnt pass information to the general insurance company that deals with PPI. The quick timescale and small amount indicates they havent investigated it and are auto paying out. Very common on sub £1500 complaints.

They usually breakdown the figures to show the premium you paid plus the interest they are paying you. If the figure appears to be correct then you accept it. If you feel the figure is wrong then you can go back to them giving your reasons.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • If you go to FOS to get more and lose you will get nothing.

Over the first half of this year almost two thirds of FOS decisions on PPI complaints against RBS went in the bank's favour.
  • Thanks both, I appreciate your help.

As i have said I never ask for nor agree to the PPI so without the letter from RBS I would never have raised this with them so £367 is fab.

I shall sign the declaration and claim my money back.

Thanks again :) :beer:
    Starting Debt: £51,657.46 :eek: Current Debt £31,297.83 (39.41% paid off)
    L1(6.5%):13,345.20/5,115.66, L2(5.6%):15,955.80/11,434.99, L3(0%):1,800/1,700, L4(0%):5,000/5,000, CC(0%):4,800/800, Sofas(0%):2,417.50/1,068.22, SL:c.£108pm
    Paid off :j: SB: £1,188.00, CC(0%): 1,121.94
    Loose Change Pot £101.12 Nectar Points £89.01 Savings £1,900
  • Not sure if this thread is still alive.
    I live in The Gambia and are currently chasing a possible PPI refund from RBS/NatWest. They sent me an email requesting that I contact them by phone so we can set up secure email communication as snail mail is not possible due to a defunct postal system here. They gave me this free phone number:

NatWest PPI Team

Remediation Operations

5th Floor, 1 Hardman Boulevard, Manchester M3 3AQ

Free Phone: 0161 755 7833

I tried it but (of course), free phone numbers are not accessible from outside of the UK.  Does anybody have a number that can be accessed from abroad? Any ideas wold be welcome. Thanks George
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thread is from 2009!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business