4 Free MP3 Full Albums You Can Download Legally Now

Lugh_Chronain
Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867
First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 22 July 2011 at 12:01PM in Freebies (no spend required)
Here are four mp3 albums from acclaimed artists and other great bands that you can legally download for free.

Nine Inch Nails – The Slip

The Slip was released in 2008 and continues to be available as a free download. It contains 10 tracks, available in high-quality mp3, flac, m4a or wave format. All download links are emailed upon request.

Coldplay – Left Right Left Right Left

As a thank you to their fans, Coldplay started handing out a free live EP during their concerts earlier this year. Left Right Left Right Left contains nine tracks and has also been available for download through their website. After submitting details, the zip file can be downloaded directly. It contains the mp3 files and front cover album art.

The Crimea – Secrets of the Witching Hour

The Crimea are a British indie band that has toured with several big artists, including the Stereophonics, Travis, and Kings of Leon. Their last album, Secrets of the Witching Hour, has been available for free download since 2007. It recently reached 100,000 downloads.

The zip file contains 11 tracks and a PDF with the entire album art.

Across Tundras – Herds of the Fathomless Valleys

The US rock/metal band Across Tundras released their free record Herds of the Fathomless Valleys in August this year. The zipped mp3 album is available through Mediafire. It contains six demos, three live tracks, a Pink Floyd cover, and cover album art.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-free-mp3-full-albums-you-can-download-legally/

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• I've already got a couple of these, but thankyou for the others Lugh_Chronain.
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a Heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Forumite
    edited 16 December 2009 at 1:01AM
    The Smashing Pumpkins are releasing a 44-song album free to download as well. The first song has already been released.

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/

Thanks MSE Rose for nominating this as a top forum tip in the money tips email.
  • Another is We Are Smug: wearesmug.com

Tis a side project of Darren Hayes (Savage Garden) and very different from his usual stuff, but very, very fab!
  • Many thanks Lugh. Downloaded three of these already. About time I expanded my mp3 selection!
  • There’s more on the Music MoneySaving board that might be worth trawling through, have a look here for starters.
  • Good to see some bands doing this to get their name out their or remind people their still going! Good spot cheers :beer:
  • Missli
    Missli Posts: 7,685
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I've got one of these already, so will be checking to see if the rest are still available. Thanks OP! :T
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Forumite
    If you could give feed back Missli that would be great.

Thanks
  • Missli
    Missli Posts: 7,685
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 24 July 2012 at 8:13AM
    I have managed to download NIN (after email was sent to me with link), plus The Crimea, and Across Tundras directly. I already have the Coldplay album. Chuffed. :T

Not a 100% sure, but was the Smashing Pumpkins link for Machina, as have got that if so, and couldn't see anything on their page.

I have tried to thank your original post, but was unable to as there was no box to click, apart from an enter one. :huh:

Thanks again!
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • awesome! cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills