Camping for 95p per night with The Daily Mirror

2»

Comments

• why Mirror advertising at 95p, i rang the woman back after she said would ring me after she checked if doing the deal even though it was in the mirror, apparently they are doing it, but informed me it would be 3.50, as have electric, i said well i wont be using that, she goes still 3.50, said to her dont understand why mirror advertising at 95p, when they are charging that, i know 3.50 still cheap but dont see the point of putting in the Mirror for 95p !!!!
  • AdamBrunt
    AdamBrunt Posts: 369
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Because pitches with electricity available cost extra - IIRC this is made abundantly clear in the T&Cs.

Find a site which offers non-electric pitches and it should be 95p.
  • tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    The problem with this offer is that you end up on a campsite full of people who read the Daily Mirror!

:money:
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    My MIL was telling me about this, I have to say having spent a day (didn't make it through the night) on a site in North Wales, where on our return to our van we had a freezer full of defrosted food thanks to the little swines unplugging the electric, a tampered with awning and food, bricks and spent matches thrown in through the skylight, we will now only stay on secure, caravan club registered sites.

95p a night sounds great on paper, but for piece of mind I dont think ill bother.
  • We went on holiday with the Sun's £1 camping last year. Cost a bit more than a £1 night as we wanted electric and entertainment but for well under usual cost of a week's holiday we had a smashing time. The camp was clean, well looked after and I wasn't aware of any 'nastiness' at all. My son also had a week and he felt the same. We went first two weeks in September last year and hoping to go again this year.
  • splicecom
    splicecom Posts: 294 Forumite
    Hello,

Can anyone tell me if this is still running? Are the tokens still being printed?

Thanks in advance
    TOTAL DEBTS

NONE!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills