Southern Pacific Mortgate Ltd SPML PPI Reclaim

I know that SPML went in 2008 and I believe that Acenden (?) have taken over the accounts.

My partner settled his mortgate with them in September 2006 and we have just found the paperwork with front loaded PPI (for only a 36 month term?) on a 30 year mortgage. There is paperwork from both Capstone and SPML but I believe they are all the same organisation anyway. He remembers it was over the phone.

He again was not told that he could shop around or that it was front loaded- just given a montly figure to pay for the mortgage.
My question is - how to go about claiming from Acenden (if that is the correct route) when we have never dealt with them.

Has anyone any experience of claims in this situation, did they settle, who is best to write to etc, etc

Thanks!

Comments

• roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Do you apply for this through a broker? its just that most of SPML mortgages were sold by brokers.
  • roonaldo wrote: »
    Do you apply for this through a broker? its just that most of SPML mortgages were sold by brokers.

Sadly we don't have any details of a broker in all the paperwork- how can we find that out?
  • roonaldo
    Forumite
    your memory! did you apply for the mortgage direct or through an intermediary?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    SPML was a subsidiary company of Lehmans. So the chances of recovering any monies are zero.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sadly we don't have any details of a broker in all the paperwork- how can we find that out?

You cant remember who you used to buy the mortgage?
    Has anyone any experience of claims in this situation, did they settle, who is best to write to etc, etc

I believe the lender was broker only which means you have to complain to the broker.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thrugelmir wrote: »
    SPML was a subsidiary company of Lehmans. So the chances of recovering any monies are zero.

You can still claim
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Liz.. wrote: »
    You can still claim

against whom? The OP cannot remember the broker.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • roonaldo
    Forumite
    Liz.. wrote: »
    You can still claim
    1. This post is over a year old.
    2. No you cant, if you cant remember the broker and also this is likely to be a pre regulation sale, they are probably unlikely to be trading. It wont come under FOS or FSCS jurisdiction.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure