Can't afford to keep up with my reducing overdraft.

Comments

• Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Samuel_ wrote: »
    My right ankle has collapsed inwards on itself so my foot is flat and I get foot/knee/back pain even though I'm very slim so the thought of walking in 0 degrees for 12 miles everyday is not realistic for me. Basically I just can't be bothered to do it everytime.

If you can't walk, and you can't afford to pay for travel, then you can't go out.
    Yes I would rather default on the account.

Fine. I'll leave the thread then since obviously you don't really want or need any help.
  • simeyb
    simeyb Posts: 212
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    To be honest I'm not sure why you've bothered to come onto this forum, ask for peoples advice, which they've kindly given, then come up with the phrase that's the trouble with this country "I can't be bothered". My 17 year old daughter is at college, has had a part time job since she was 15, works each weekend to save for what she wants etc - whats your excuse mate? Sounds like you want to stop relying on your parents (or oldies as you so disrespectfully call then), get off your !!!, get a job (and sorry if its not commensurate with what you think you are so worthy of what with having a degree), stop whining and pay back the money you owe. Sorry to be harsh, but your attitude stinks.
  • Hooloovoo
    simeyb wrote: »
    To be honest I'm not sure why you've bothered to come onto this forum, ask for peoples advice, which they've kindly given, then come up with the phrase that's the trouble with this country "I can't be bothered". My 17 year old daughter is at college, has had a part time job since she was 15, works each weekend to save for what she wants etc - whats your excuse mate? Sounds like you want to stop relying on your parents (or oldies as you so disrespectfully call then), get off your !!!, get a job (and sorry if its not commensurate with what you think you are so worthy of what with having a degree), stop whining and pay back the money you owe. Sorry to be harsh, but your attitude stinks.

Well said.
  • Samuel_
    Samuel_ Posts: 114 Forumite
    simeyb wrote: »

Try walking on a collapsed ankle. I bet you're fat and have never walked 10 miles in your life. I know I'm gonna be rich as hell when I'm older so I'm just relaxing a bit now.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I bet you're fat and have never walked 10 miles in your life.

Funny how some posters always resort to personal abuse when they run out of good arguments.
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    innovate wrote: »
    Funny how some posters always resort to personal abuse when they run out of good arguments.

Yes, but that poster never even started with a good argument in the first place.
  • Hooloovoo
    I know I'm gonna be rich as hell when I'm older so I'm just relaxing a bit now.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Let's not waste our time, I think he's a fool, but you can't help someone who won't help themselves.
  • Hooloovoo
    edited 9 December 2012 at 10:56PM
    pmduk wrote: »
    Let's not waste our time, I think he's a fool, but you can't help someone who won't help themselves.

Absolutely.

Didn't get the grades to get in to Uni through the standard route. Didn't realise he had to pay his rent. Doesn't even know how to default on an account and asks how to do it! Steals his sister's car and crashes it ... the list just goes on.

Oh yes, he's definitely going to be rich as hell when he's older.

He should go on the apprentice. He's clearly the businessman AMS has been looking for all these years.
  • Hominu
    Hominu Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Hooloovoo wrote: »
    Didn't get the grades to get in to Uni through the standard route. Didn't realise he had to pay his rent. Doesn't even know how to default on an account and asks how to do it! Steals his sister's car and crashes it ... the list just goes on.
    Thats probably because his parents have always paid everything for him. Heck, they even paid for his first year at Uni up-front.

The only chance he's got at getting rich is his parents leaving him a couple of million in their will. Then he'll blow it, go overdrawn, and then come back to complain how the banks are so evil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure