The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Trying for a Baby Part 8

Comments

• Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

I'm feeling kind of down this morning due to having a really bad episode with my neck/shoulder muscles again and being forced to take anti-inflammatories. I hate taking medicines anyway, but being reduced to tears and the husband threatening to call an ambulance for me at midnight last night broke me. I'm going to the GP about it tomorrow morning so long as it isn't too bad icy. I've had trouble with my right subscapular muscle (muscle between ribs and shoulder blade) for nearly 10 years. Since flying back from Thanksgiving in the US (arrived back on 25 Nov) my neck has also been giving me trouble. I ended up having taking another dose of anti-inflammatories this morning around 8 as well. :(

To help myself feel a bit better I've been watching it snow (we don't really get snow where I'm from!) and letting the bunnies run around and amuse me with their silliness this morning.

I haven't really found anyone to "become friends" with since moving countries back in April. It typically doesn't bother me, but on days like today, a bit of distraction would be nice.

Wanted to BD last night, but considering we had done so night before last AND yesterday morning, I think I broke the husband! Oopsie. :o

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Hope that everyone here has a wonderful day! :)
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • vesper
    vesper Posts: 941
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mrstm, sorry to hear you are in pain. Here is a great forum to make friends, not friends as in "hullo lets pop down to the cafe and have a coffee and chin wag mates" but defintely people that listen to your innner woes and fears. IYGWIM. All of my real life friends are ones I went to school with, and I left school 10 years ago!!!

Ahhh at the bunnies running round, animals are so theraputic. Well I agree with my own theory, but I've had to hide upstairs as my ferrets are rampaging around my living room at the moment. Can't wait til the weekend we are sorting them out their own little room, as I can never get anything crafty done at my desk while they are asking for attention all the time.

So jelous you have snow, we have nothing here. Would have been nice, as am planning to go to Lincoln Christmas market. Have never been before as I was always working before.

Very jelous also of these Christmas works parties, I've never been to a works' xmas party. Hubby has his next week, he's never been invited to it, as it's usually management, but he was invited this year, even though he's not management. I will have to have my own little one on my own, now who has the keys to the AF room so I can break in early and use it as party central?
    Remember never judge someone that makes a mistake, because in six months time it may be you that makes the next mistake.
  • lilymay1
    lilymay1 Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    MV - Just thought I would pop in and tell you I am having my first reflexology session at 1pm :)
    14th October 2010
    20th October 2011
    3rd December 2013
  • lao_cat
    lao_cat Posts: 244 Forumite
    Hi ladies, sorry have been MIA recently work is crazy busy and I have recently moved desks so my screen is more on display so I can only read / reply from my phone!!

I am cd24 and about 10dpo (can't but in pink on phone sorry)

We bd regularly from cd9 so feeling like we have a chance this month. If no of by Tuesday the 11th I will test.

Welcome to mrstm and hugs to those who need them

Xxxxxx
  • cozza123
    cozza123 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Afternoon everyone

well AF has gone CD6 and i'm trying to keep everything crossed for this month as for once my OH is home every night so hopefully lots of BDing :o normally he's only home at weekends has sports on saturday and leaves for work on sunday evening. since June we have been trying after getting all ok from hospital after 3 mc's but with him being away alot its quite difficult. I've tried ovulation kits but for some reason cant get any results from them.
    SPC member 68
    Loan 6579
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Hey Ladies

I started getting EWCM on CD11, which is great as I didn't seem to get any last cycle (the first after Implanon). But on the same day I started to get period pains. It's CD13 now and they are still rumbling along. I don't think it's Ov pain. It happened this way the last cycle too, which was only 20 days. Perhaps my body isn't making enough progesterone as i've spent the last 6 years flooding my body with it? :o

I have IBS which is another layer of complexity! Anyone else have the same after Implanon? Looks like it might take a long time for my body to get back to normal - eep.

Hugs to all
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • Enjoy the reflexology lily :)

I absolutely love it!
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    vesper wrote: »
    Mrstm, sorry to hear you are in pain. Here is a great forum to make friends, not friends as in "hullo lets pop down to the cafe and have a coffee and chin wag mates" but defintely people that listen to your innner woes and fears. IYGWIM. All of my real life friends are ones I went to school with, and I left school 10 years ago!!!

Ahhh at the bunnies running round, animals are so theraputic. Well I agree with my own theory, but I've had to hide upstairs as my ferrets are rampaging around my living room at the moment. Can't wait til the weekend we are sorting them out their own little room, as I can never get anything crafty done at my desk while they are asking for attention all the time.

So jelous you have snow, we have nothing here. Would have been nice, as am planning to go to Lincoln Christmas market. Have never been before as I was always working before.

Very jelous also of these Christmas works parties, I've never been to a works' xmas party. Hubby has his next week, he's never been invited to it, as it's usually management, but he was invited this year, even though he's not management. I will have to have my own little one on my own, now who has the keys to the AF room so I can break in early and use it as party central?

The snow has turned to rain here now, but at least I was able to go out and get soaked from playing in it for a bit. :D

My husband has a work party to go to tonight as well. I definitely wont get an invite to that. His boss hates me because when I worked there I pointed out that they hadn't trained me and I was little more than a secretary. His response? You live with the head of tech support for us, you have no excuses. He also told me that I would be required to work overtime without pay. I ended up quitting two days later, so he now hates me. Meh, oh well. I'm accustommed to being hated. My entire school career I was hated for being the 'geek' then I was attacked on another forum last year due to me getting refused leave of entry on my first trip to the uk (it was quite a fight to get here, but after using a solicitor and lots of money, I got my spousal visa and finally was able to come to the uk).

The rabbits are therapy animals for me, but sometimes they cause way more stress than they alleviate. Example: Annabelle has a fascination with electrical cables. We know this and had, we thought, properly 'bunny proofed' our front room for them. Apparently not. My cable for the wii sensor bar has been sliced cleanly in two, rendering it useless until we can get a replacement. I know, nothing much to stress over, but very irritating to say the least.

I'm beginning to think I've got a trapped or pinched nerve in my shoulder that's causing the neck woes. I'm not hurting at the moment though.

I've got a bit of light cramping today, so if anything is going on in there hopefully I haven't screwed it up by taking the medicine last night and this morning.

If you can't tell yet, I will chat your ears off if I get the chance online. I'm even worse on twitter! In real life, I don't think I could be any shyer though! :o
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    Amy, were you on the waiting to ttc thread, before this one? Maybe that's where you "met" me first?

I don't post as much on here cos I've been trying so long it's depressing to think about, never mind read, for newbies etc. Trying to keep you guys' hope alive ;)

I'm CD9 though and finished taking all my clomid for this cycle, ovaries (I assume!) are feeling swollen, second "high" on the cbfm, and thinking I might tidy the bedroom, wash all the sheets and shower before DH gets home, to set the mood a little ;)

Welcome to the newbie(s) :wave:

Cozza, have you tried a CBFM? I'm marvelling in it's simplicity, after having no luck whatsoever with OPKs :)
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Right ladies, I'm going to clean the house which has somehow turned into a bit of pigsty this week. If you see me on here before I've finished please kick my !!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure