We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Unclaimed prize register

Comments

• I also received my 4th letter from the Notification Bureau with allocation code - 337486. How can these people be allowed to get away with it? I feel sorry for all the people that are scammed:(
  • arzush
    arzush Posts: 2 Newbie
    I received 4 letters giving me the same number:) they also keep saying 2. reminder!, 3. reminder! and the last one said FINAL REMINDER:) I am getting worried now the next thing there will be a knock on my door...
  • arzush
    arzush Posts: 2 Newbie
    super idea. i will do it right now:)
  • I received the very same letter. Out of pure curiosity I wanted to see what prize I had been allocated.I applied via post as £1.50 per minute rate is just ridiculous and what do you know I have won a digital camera! Does anyone really win these big cash prizes? Never hear about them.

Oh and my allocation code 603498

Needless to say I shall not be sending my form back with a payment of £6.50 for p&p! wot a load of poo.
  • ross_uk
    ross_uk Posts: 222 Forumite
    I believe if you ever get a letter or email asking you to phone a premium number then its a scam. if they have your address to send the letter then they have no reason not to send you the prize, if they had your address they would send you the prize with a letter to say what happened.
    2010 wins: docking station, Plantronics .audio 995 digital wireless stereo headset, 2x darkthrone albums, geisha assassin dvd. stokes gigs t-shirt, 21 bottles of jamesons whicky, knomo 4 laptop/handbags. 2x dvd, cook book.
  • I read the first few pages and thought, ooo I have a different code, maybe I am a winner. Then I skipped to page 5 and have the same code as you guys. Gutted. They really suck.
  • I sent off letter by post to recieve my code anyway i got back what i had won.I had won a 7 day holiday to tunisia.Everyone else seems to have won a camera.I was wondering if my holiday might be real or a scam for timeshare apartments.Would value some info on this.I have sent the letter back to claim this .I would have only lost stamps and i have sent no money to them.
  • mia_f wrote: »
    I sent off letter by post to recieve my code anyway i got back what i had won.I had won a 7 day holiday to tunisia.Everyone else seems to have won a camera.I was wondering if my holiday might be real or a scam for timeshare apartments.Would value some info on this.I have sent the letter back to claim this .I would have only lost stamps and i have sent no money to them.

My Uncle applied for one of these holiday ones - apparently he had won a cruise, but on the company terms he went for free so long as one other person paid and it all had to be booked via a company these scam artists use which would also include having to pay insurance and taxes. It would probably be cheaper if you want to go to Tunisia to book with a reputable agency on line or in your local High street. At least you know then that when you arrive at the airport that you would have a seat on the plane and a hotel room properly booked. Dont fall for it.
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    just recieved one of these letters,good job I looked on here before wasting my time,OK I,m binning it,thanks.
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • Hezzy
    Hezzy Posts: 90 Forumite
    Yay, my OH got this letter too... Can't believe they're still using 603498!!

Bin time :D
    *CC PPI Claimed - £136.67* :)
    CC1 - £[STRIKE]797.60[/STRIKE] [STRIKE] 438.17[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]937.92[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]734.63[/STRIKE] 3963.17 CC2 - [STRIKE]£960.09[/STRIKE] CC3 - [STRIKE]£390.51[/STRIKE]
    Overdraft - £[STRIKE]1600[/STRIKE] 600
    Student Loan - Ha!
    :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills