First Right of Appropriation letter

jp30001
jp30001 Posts: 10 Forumite
edited 16 April 2009 at 12:03PM in Debt-free wannabe
Hi CCCS adviced I write a First Right of Appropriation letter to stop the bank from take husbands wage but I’m not sure how to do this, is there a template letter I could use any help would be most welcome.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    jp30001 wrote: »
    Hi CCCS adviced I write a First Right of Appropriation letter to stop the bank from take husbands wage but I’m not sure how to do this, is there a template letter I could use any help would be most welcome.

Hi there

CCCS Sarah posted this on here for this purpose;):
    Example letter – first right of appropriation
    Name:
    Address:
    Postcode:
    Date:
    CCCS Client No:
    To:
    Creditor’s Name:
    Account/Agreement No:
    Dear Sir/Madam
    Account Number: First Right of Appropriation
    A payment of £(amount) will be paid into the above account on this date (date). The account is currently overdrawn; however I need the money to meet my living expenses, utilities and rent payments over the next week.
    I am writing to give notice that I intend to use my ‘first right of appropriation’ to earmark the £(amount) for this purpose and will withdraw the sum of £(amount) on this date (date) in order to do so.
    I will contact you separately to make arrangements to repay my accounts which remain with you.
    Yours faithfully
    (Signature)
    (Print name)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    This is a short-term 'fix'.

You need to open a new account for OH wages asap - one unconnected to any of your debts.

Throw the overdraft in to the dmp
  • Can someone please let me know if I can get back my DLA after the bank took the lot in charges (which I'm chasing seperately). The bank is adamant that this right is not enforceable and are point blank refusing to refund the DLA - with 4 kids and no job, 400 quid is a fortune to me. Please can someone advise me here?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure