tiny button cell batteries LR41 needed

Hi

Can anybody tell me where I can buy these batteries cheaply? I saw one retailer selling 2 of these at £1.75 plus postage!

I'm after more like 20 for a fiver!

Ebay sellers have them cheap and if I want to get them in 100s from Hong Kong I can get them for £3 incl postage!

Ideally, I would like to buy them in the shops so does anybody know of any high street retailers who have these cheap?

Comments

• you can buy cards of small cell batteries in local pound shop. only thing is sizes are assorted or amazon have pack of 10 LR41 for £2.45 (free shipping).
    hope this helps.

bb
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    LR41 is the same as AG3

Baby Bronagh is right - I am here looking at a pack of 40 batteries that cost 95p at my local hardware store and it includes 8 x AG3s.

It's headed 'Benross assorted batteries'
  • We buy these from the local junk shop.
  • Hyundai Alkaline Button Cell 50pk at the 99p Store.

Nearest stores can be found here.
  • Amanda
    Amanda Posts: 120 Forumite
    Hi and thanks for all the replies.

I went to the 99p shop and bought 2 cards of Hyundai assorted batteries which included 10 of the lr41 cells (well, equivalent) but the item I used them in (fake tealight candles) lit up extremely dull and dwindled within minutes. I have checked and the voltage is 1.5, exactly the same as the lr41 battery supplied originally so I would say that these batteries are very poor and would advise people not to buy them, however cheap they may be.
  • I wonder if they’d work any better in watches. A colleague of mine buys these but I’m not sure what the outcome was with them. I must ask the next time I see her.

Probably best to buy good quality batteries to be honest.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I've not had any problems with the Benross ones I posted about earlier.

I appear to have used 2 x AG13s, 2 x AG4s and a AG12 - everything working nicely
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure