Delivery rights: Argos

Comments

• poorwifey
    poorwifey Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 17 May 2012 at 9:18PM
    hi there
    i ordered 4 pieces of living room furniture on the 13th march with an expected delivery date of 10th april.i phoned on the 12th of april and was told it would be up to another month. about 8 automated messages later i have been given a delivery date of tues 22nd may........ all because 1 item was held up by the manufacturer. can i claim anyhting from them ?
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What losses have you incurred?
  • poorwifey
    poorwifey Posts: 8 Forumite
    i havent really incurred any losses .part from 2 half days from work for expected delivery ..... am hoping they arrive tomorrow but if only 3 out of 4 items are there they can go back on the van.....
  • Lazycow99
    Lazycow99 Posts: 6 Forumite
    I ordered something off Argos Ebay I have been waiting for 1 week and haven't received anything. Argos sent me the tracking number and surprise surprise they had attempted delivery but left no card. I couldn't rearrange online as I needed all the card details :-( after 1 hour on the phone they couldn't arrange delivery as the service centre wouldnt answer their phone, so I thought I would share this code incase anyone else has this problem.

On tracking.yodel my parcel was at Preston Service Centre Code : 7247

As long as you have the parcel number and the code, you can rearrange delivery online. (saves the 0844 phone call) or in my case the 0800 number i found on saynoto0870 which put me through to 3 departments! fingers crossed my parcel arrives today! :T
  • Ive lost a day and half waiting for 2 ink cartridges which i could of picked up myself,but they said free delivery so i thought save petrol let them deliver.I still had to go to the store to pick them up.What a waste of time...
  • Slightly off topic, however, does anyone know if Argos still use Nodel for their smaller home delivery items?

I hoping that they don't, but, it's impossible to find out who they use on their website.
  • Hi, Thought I would mention that argos are indeed still using yodel, I know this because guess what, my parcel is 3 days late and counting! Their customer service have apologised for inconvenience and stated "We are aware of the problems being experienced by many of our customers and we are looking at ways to upgrade our delivery service" I think I can help them with that; Argos, if you want to upgrade your delivery service, quit using yodel today!
  • tasha999
    tasha999 Posts: 158 Forumite
    I ordered 2 cabin beds and matching drawers on July 16th, I accepted the delivery date of August 3rd. Nothing arrived!!! I received no email, letter or phone call to let me know! I had the day off work and waited in all day, I even disposed of my sons other beds that morning to make room.
    When I called they were very apologetic stating that they had a stock issue and rearranged delivery for the Friday after.

I've emailed to complain, only for them to state that they don't think the stock issue will be resolved and for me to choose an alternative!!!! (which btw are all out of stock)

I am livid as they've had my money for almost a month and my sons are left sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

I guess I'll have to get a refund (which will take god knows how long!), pay twice as much elsewhere and wait another week or so for delivery.

I will never use Argos again.
    Life is like a camera... Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out Take another shot.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    We had a problem with delivery of a TV - My Mum paid for us a TV after ours caught fire last week. She rang up Saturday early evening and was told first delivery slot would be between 7-8.30 am Tuesday. She stressed it would need to be early as a) we desperately needed it as I'm stuck at home after an operation, and b) we needed it delivered while my OH was here as I cant move it.

Tuesday came and nothing - Mum rang only to be told they could deliver up to 8.30pm. She rang again at 7pm to be told they had rung my landline at 10am that morning to say they wouldnt be delivering due to the stock missing the van! I asked my Mum to check what number they had for me and allegedly it was the right one and they had left a message on my landline answerphone! To which I said they were clearly lying or they had rang the wrong number as a) the landline didnt ring at 10am and we dont have an answerphone :mad:

Mum rang them back and wasnt amused. She did get vouchers from them and they refunded the delivery charge, and the TV eventually turned up at 1.50 on the Wednesday afternoon... literally thrown into the hallway by the delivery driver :eek:
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Ordered 2 sofas from Go Create. Said 49 days delivery. Arranged delivery for today 7-12am, that being the full 49 days from date of order.

As I'm single I took a days holiday. No show. Phoned them and they now say they can't deliver until 4th Sept.

I made it clear that a days holiday is not replaceable and I will expect compensation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure