HTC Warranty Period

Astec
Astec Posts: 515 Forumite
Hi all,

I bought a new HTC Diamond off a private seller in Jan this year. Was using it fine, but suddenly on the 22nd Sept the power button stiffened up then went faulty.

Took it to a CPW repair centre who took it in as a warranty repair. After chasing them up (6 weeks!), they've just come back and said that HTC have stated that it's no longer under warranty, and I don't have a receipt to prove otherwise.

Does anyone know the warranty period with HTC? Phone has had 8 months use, but still hasn't been out for 2 years. Is there any point in trying to push for a repair, or should I just get it done privately?

Comments

• Point 2.2 on the listed link- 12mths http://service.europe.htc.com/terms.aspx
  • HTC are the worst at after care service, they should manufacture the normal the £10 phones atleast no one would give a toss about them if they went wrong, and what poor service from carphonewarehouse :mad: again Apple puts all these companies to shame.
  • Why are they saying that it is no longer under warranty? Is it due to the warranty having expired due to the length of time that you have had the handset or are they saying it is because of misuse/accidental damage?

If its the former and it was booked in for repair before the warranty expired then I would think that the warranty repair would have to be honoured.
  • dinsey
    dinsey Posts: 38
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just my 2 pennies worth.

I have a HTC touch pro, sent this back on 2 occasions to HTC and the service they offer is excellent.

My unit has 2 years cover but they pick the item up free of charge and turn around time is usually 5 days.
    Needed to provide proof of purchase, but you need this with any item these days when returning to manufacturer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure