Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Comments

• Star9272
    Star9272 Posts: 99 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Mickeymoos wrote: »
    Grazzzz - have you every been told what your technical reason was. Despite asking TC numerous times for details, they just kept replying that it was a technical fault and wouldn't give me any specifics. Last email from them said that the engineer's report was just a list of codes and they weren't trained to decipher them. I fail to understand why, if they are that certain that the fault was an extraordinary one, they just wouldn't tell me what it was. I am hoping they are just stalling to avoid paying out!

Same here:D
  • Star9272 wrote: »
    Same here:D
    My last email to them stated that my friend's husband was an airline pilot and that if they wanted to send me the list of codes, I am sure he would decipher them for me. Not surprisingly, they ignored the email!
  • VOB72
    VOB72 Posts: 80 Forumite
    steve1500 wrote: »
    As previously mentioned I have a claim in for 1200 euros & TC saying only self can claim etc

My question is can you amend the claim down to 400 euros with just myself claiming?

Obviously if I win, the other 800 euros is a doddle

I think any amendment to the claim incurs a fee, so may as well just add the other names and have it all dealt with in one fell swoop rather than pay to amend it to 400 euros and then go through the rigmarole of it again from the start for the others? But ring the local court to check - they may accept it as it is as they there seems to be no hard and fast rule; or at least they can advise on what fees if any they would charge to amend to a single claim....
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    VOB72 wrote: »
    I think any amendment to the claim incurs a fee, so may as well just add the other names and have it all dealt with in one fell swoop rather than pay to amend it to 400 euros and then go through the rigmarole of it again from the start for the others? But ring the local court to check - they may accept it as it is as they there seems to be no hard and fast rule; or at least they can advise on what fees if any they would charge to amend to a single claim....

To a large extent, it's a moot point: how can the airline refuse an application for a further payout if they are defeated in court? It would be madness - or "unreasonable behaviour", as I believe it is more properly called.
  • Vauban wrote: »
    To a large extent, it's a moot point: how can the airline refuse an application for a further payout if they are defeated in court? It would be madness - or "unreasonable behaviour", as I believe it is more properly called.

Cheers for that Vauban and VOB72 i am doing my 2nd claim against against these losers tonight for an 18 hour delay back from Cuba last January, gone through the normal procedure but no payout because of EC's, MOT's !!!!!!!!, !!!!!!!! !!!!!! Will claim for myself which will be cheaper, they will not be able to use it in their defence, and then hopefully when i win i will claim for my wife's payout. Maybe should list it on the FAQ's for guidance that would be a big loss for Thomas CROOK :beer:
  • DebDeb62 wrote: »
    I came across a TC customer service forum and asked a live help agent and within 3 hours had a phone call and the money is on its way to my bank account !
    For anyone else on this flight it was from Kos to Manchester on 24/7/10.
    :jFlight no TCX164 Due takeoff at 21.55 but delayed until aprox 4.00am on 25.7.10. We flew back on MINT airways as a replacement for our plane.
    I can recall we had about 10 Everton ladies football team on out flight and they kept us entertained.

I was on that flight too, still waiting to hear back from Thomas Cook though
  • Star9272
    Star9272 Posts: 99 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Mickeymoos wrote: »
    Grazzzz - have you every been told what your technical reason was. Despite asking TC numerous times for details, they just kept replying that it was a technical fault and wouldn't give me any specifics. Last email from them said that the engineer's report was just a list of codes and they weren't trained to decipher them. I fail to understand why, if they are that certain that the fault was an extraordinary one, they just wouldn't tell me what it was. I am hoping they are just stalling to avoid paying out!

Look up the phrase 'my grandfathers axe'
    It's the airlines responsibility to get you to your destination on time & maintain the aircraft in such a way that it does it's job surely?
    It's very easy to get bogged down with tech details.
  • superowls
    superowls Posts: 42 Forumite
    VOB72 wrote: »
    Well, I've heard back from the court and a SECOND District Judge has now ordered that 'an application is necessary to join other parties' and I have to complete form N244 and send them another £80. So annoying. It seems different judges see things differently and another judge may have just accepted my original claim. I think TC mention this in their defence because they know there is ambiguity and that it will possibly deter claimants - well not this one! Application and cheque already in post (despite being annoyed at the nuisance of it all)!

VOB72, could i ask what you put in your N244, i too have to amend the claimants on the case.
  • rb211
    rb211 Posts: 137 Forumite
    I received the usual first reply from TC stating technical difficulties that were exceptional, so please go away.

The funny thing is my claim is because they flew us to Dalaman then bussed us on a 5 hour coach drive to Antalya.

The plane actually set off on time from Manchester and arrived in Turkey without any technical faults that prevented us arriving safely there.

So if what they are telling me is correct, has anybody got any idea what technical problems could have caused them to send us to another airport?

Thanks
  • VOB72
    VOB72 Posts: 80 Forumite
    superowls wrote: »
    VOB72, could i ask what you put in your N244, i too have to amend the claimants on the case.

Superowls - I just referred to the judges direction that I was applying to join other parties and stated the other parties names.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure