Benefit christmas payments

Options
2»

Comments

• ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Payments due on 27th will be paid on 27th. It's an ordinary working day.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • bloomingflower
    bloomingflower Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 December 2012 at 1:07AM
    Options
    Payments due on 27th will be paid on 27th. It's an ordinary working day.

I am confuddled. I received my tax credits (CTC) early into my account this evening (due tomorrow on xmas eve) as they were normally due to be paid on the 27th. I was told by someone at HMRC that the 27th is being treated as a bank holiday. And that is why tax credit payments due on the 27th are being paid on the 24th.

So I wonder why ESA payments due on the 27th are being paid normally on that day if it's an ordinary working day?? Most confusing...surely payment dates should be the same across the board? Case of JCP v HMRC? lol
  • hi, I was meant to get my esa payment today but nothing arrived? ctc went in as normal, and I have just checked the gov site and its saying I should of got paid on the 21st 2012

has anyone else not had a esa payment today?? or know when it will get paid for def? im desperate and overdrawn and its xmas eve!! panic alert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure