Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Comments

• kingkazi wrote: »
    Hi can anyone advise me on which hotel this is? Ive searched through the thread but can;t find it. Thanks in advance

Award winning hotel ideal for Oxford St Shopping - 4* - London
    Stay in one of the recently refurbished bedrooms in this modern 4* hotel and travel within minutes to Westfield Shopping Centre or take a walk to Oxford Street. Also attractions like Madame Tussauds, London Zoo and Hyde Park are just around the corner. The hotel offers a wide range of bars and restaurants as well as an indoor swimming pool.
    The onsite parking, two main tube stations nearby and major rail stations within short distance make travel from and to this hotel extremely easy.

Any clues on this one people?
  • kingkazi wrote: »
    Any clues on this one people?

I just booked it anyway and it is the:
    Hilton Metropole
    225 Edgware Raod
    London
    W21 JU
    GB

very happy with my choice!
  • pauli71 wrote: »
    Hi - any ideas on this one? It's pretty cheap and I have a slight suspicion that "Victorian grandeur and contemporary luxury" could be code for "crumbly old building with a swanky foyer"....

Victorian Grandeur and Contemporary Luxury - 4* - London
    This property is a beautifully restored London town house with a unique blend of Victorian grandeur and contemporary luxury. Wonderfully maintaining the style of an aristocratic mansion, the hotel provides the perfect location for access to the world-famous Knightsbridge shops, Hyde Park, Kensington Palace, Royal Albert Hall and South Kensington Museums: The Natural History Museum, Science Museum, V&A...
    Hotel name and address: This information will be provided on your confirmation e-mailBusiness facilities[...]

Grossing up the day rate by the currently listed discount suggests this is the Grange Strathmore. The phrase "Victorian Grandeur and Contemporary Luxury" appears in the Restaurant description for the Strathmore, and the Bar description specifically mentions the fireplace and chandeliers, all of which is pretty conclusive IMO.

Also, most, if not all, of the Grange hotels will appear in the Top Secret List at various times, and the standard 'check-out' time for Grange is always 11am rather than 12, which helps narrow the guesswork down a bit :j
  • Joyful25
    Joyful25 Posts: 91 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2009 at 9:08PM
    phil_solo wrote: »
    Grossing up the day rate by the currently listed discount suggests this is the Grange Strathmore. The phrase "Victorian Grandeur and Contemporary Luxury" appears in the Restaurant description for the Strathmore, and the Bar description specifically mentions the fireplace and chandeliers, all of which is pretty conclusive IMO.

Also, most, if not all, of the Grange hotels will appear in the Top Secret List at various times, and the standard 'check-out' time for Grange is always 11am rather than 12, which helps narrow the guesswork down a bit :j

I don't believe it - tonight I thought I stumbled across a never-before-heard-of way of finding out the secret hotels! And I was all ready to answer about the Strathmore with my best 'apple for teacher' proud face on.

And I find that someone realised it two years ago :o

I honestly was just about to call Watchdog and say what a swizz lastminute.com was, ha ha.

I knew I could rely on MSE-ers to have cottoned on :money:
    :D
  • pcg2001
    pcg2001 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    kingkazi wrote: »
    I just booked it anyway and it is the:
    Hilton Metropole
    225 Edgware Raod
    London
    W21 JU
    GB

very happy with my choice!

Hi kingkazi, how much did you pay for your hotel and how much was lastminute charging with the name disclosed?

I just searched this hotel for 6-9 Dec and got £447 following the secret hotel description of

Award winning hotel ideal for Oxford St Shopping - 4* - London
    Stay in one of the recently refurbished bedrooms in this modern 4* hotel and travel within minutes to Westfield Shopping Centre or take a walk to Oxford Street. Also attractions like Madame Tussauds, London Zoo and Hyde Park are just around the corner. The hotel offers a wide range of bars and restaurants as well as an indoor swimming pool.

But the Hilton Metropole is selling for £358 at lastminute.

Am I seeing this wrong?
  • chivas
    chivas Posts: 208 Forumite
    Stunning hotel in Theatreland, London's West End, close to the fantastic shopping in Covent Garden. Some of the facilities offered are a fabulous restaurant and a swimming pool. The hotel has everything travellers need for a fantastic stay in the heart of London.

I'm kinda hoping this might be St Martins Lane - whaddya reckon??
    :money: I heart Martin! :money:
  • chivas wrote: »
    Stunning hotel in Theatreland, London's West End, close to the fantastic shopping in Covent Garden. Some of the facilities offered are a fabulous restaurant and a swimming pool. The hotel has everything travellers need for a fantastic stay in the heart of London.

I'm kinda hoping this might be St Martins Lane - whaddya reckon??

Seconded, anyone willing to take the plunge and find out?
  • I didn't think St Martins had a swimming pool though?
    If anyone does go for this then please let us know...
  • No Pool at the St. Martins Lane but could well be the Waldorf Hilton at the Aldwych, that does have a pool and gym.
  • Hotel Details

Unbelievable offer at a Hotel in Piccadilly - 5* - London
    Overlooking Green Park, this first class hotel is only a short stroll away from Buckingham Palace, the boutiques of Bond Street, Knightsbridge and London's West End theatres. Attention to details and professional service enhances the elegant and exclusive atmosphere of this beautiful property.

Another one for you - speculation and detective work only, so caveat emptor, but I think this is the Sheraton Park Lane Hotel right opposite Green Park tube and more or less next door to the Athaenaeum
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback