Lovefilms.com 2 months free rental

If anyone is looking for an online DVD rental then lovefilms is pretty good. They sent me 2 vouchers to pass on to friends for free 2 months membership

Go to: https://www.lovefilms.com/xmasgift

Voucher codes are: C92F - 92387 - 8KA

If anyone wants to give it a try

Comments

• Mandles
    Mandles Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    are thet the ones that you have to watch out for?
  • Watch out for in what respect? :)
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sounds like a referral to me. Apologies to starlight_xx if its not. Anyway as there only two vouchers available just go to
    http://www.lovefilm.com/
    Where you can have a free trial without entering a code..
    Bellow is a review I pinched from another site.
    I signed up on a trial for Lovefilms as it seemed such a good idea, pay a certain amount each month (I pay £14.99 which the middle option - it means I can have 2 movies on the go at any one time), you keep the movie for as long as you want, and then send it back in the pre-paid envelope and once it's returned you get sent your next available DVD, and I must admit once I had sampled it I was hooked (34 pre ordered items and counting so far)
    It's a good online service with access to thousands of movies, some of which I've placed on order simply because I haven't seen them in ages or I can't totally remember the plot.
    However lately, I am having problems with the quality of the DVD's that I am receiving, 2 out of 3 aren't playing or are badly scratched (possibly because so many more people are using them).
    Lovefilm are very good at providing you with replacement copies if they don't work and they do credit you with 3 days worth of fees for the inconvenience, however that doesn't help if you are waiting for the movie to arrive for a certain day.
    All in all though it's a pretty good service, reasonably priced with an excellent selection of movies, BUT perhaps they just need to be in a slightly better condition before dispatching - or more people need to complain about the quality
    GONE ENGLAND
  • Im just new to this forum so apologies if Ive posted incorrectly. Id have defined a referral as something which Id pass on and as a result Id get something out of it too ie a free month? Thats NOT what this is.

I have to admit Ive had no problems with LF turn around is really fast, no problem with quality of discs

If Ive posted this on the wrong place I apologise :( but I thought someone could maybe use them as Ill be binning them
  • Spud_2
    Spud_2 Posts: 676 Forumite
    I used this gift voucher code from this post:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=132126

The code provided appears to have unlimited use (as per the infamous £5 Play.com vouchers...) so anyone can use it - not just 2 people.

I personally think it's a great deal - 2 months free with 2 discs at a time. I was a paying member of LoveFilm for 1 year and can honestly say I didn't encounter many problems at all. Yes, maybe there are some online rental firms that beat them but there are many that are worse. And a £12.99 per month package for free can't be too bad!

Just remember to cancel it before the end else you'll get charged for ongoing membership.
    Quidco ~ £3,718 | Greasypalm ~ £354 | Freefivers ~ £45 | Pigsback ~ £260 shopping vouchers + 15 CDs
    Total cashback / freebies / money-saving: 2006 ~ £3,961 | 2007 ~ 3,610 | 2008 ~ £4,159 | 2009 ~ £1,449

MFD ~ [strike]Sep 2023[/strike] Oct 2010
  • If you go through freefivers.co.uk you get £7.50 cashback, just for trying it free for 2 weeks!!
    Comping wins

May 2013: Sausage Roll :D
    Keep calm and carry on comping
    :j
  • I get the impression it was entirely well-intentioned starlight... I appreciate it anyway!
  • The selected promotion or gift code seems to have expired. If you believe this is incorrect, please contact us

WAS WORTH A TRY SO THANKS ANYWAY
  • chriz1000
    chriz1000 Posts: 457 Forumite
    I took them up on the free trial and I’m very impressed with there service, They recently offered a years subscription with unlimited DVD’s (2 at a time) for £100 http://www.lovefilm.com/extended-tariff.php

I’ve never used any other online rental shops, can anyone recommend any that they have found to be better? The only thing that worries me with LoveFilm is if the film gets lost in the post, as you have to pay £15!
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Just so people know:

* this is not a referral
    * any number of people can use that Xmas code (until 30th June)

Loads of those Xmas offer cards went out, they all had the same code. So you can all use them and get 2 months free. There is another thread about it somewhere.

I have used Lovefilm on and off for a while. Their service got dramatically better recently after going through a bad patch. Their turnaround is now very quick.

2 months free is a good deal, I recommend it.

EDIT: I should have read the earlier posts better. Spud has found and posted the link to the other thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure