Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Shoot me down but I am apologising if I shouldn't have posted this here and should have added it to another thread, but thought it saves everyone having to scroll down and read the other pages first!

I was in my local Boots yesterday (Newport, Gwent, Wales) and overheard 2 store managers (suited so guessed they were managers) talking about the Xmas stock, after following them down nearly every stocked aisle I picked up on the following info/ convo:

One says to other, "that seems a little late having the sale then, they'll need shelf space."

The other says, " I know, these 2 aisle's here need to be cleared by the 18th Jan for the greeting cards."

In my head I worked out the 18th is a Tuesday, well going from previous year sales which are a Wednesday then this stock needs to be cleared a week before, hence the Wednesday before being the 12th

Fortunately there was a SA that I know stocking so I asked her if what I heard was right, she said yes and stated there was going to be a 75% sale as they still had loads of stock left (which they did I thought) and that she and other workers had had the heads up it was going to be WEDNESDAY 12TH JANUARY!!!!!

I really really hope so, Ive know become friends with her on Facebook just so she can keep me informed so will share with you all any other info.

Hope this helps though and fingers crossed!!!! :T:j:beer:
Loves Money Saving Expert so much, my husband says I should marry M.L! :money: Jo - 2k10:j

Comments

• So does that mean keen Bootsers should be getting ready for Tuesday, about 11.58pm, ready for an all-nighter? If it does, I guarantee we'll see tha tango-ed couple, and once they've gone, the site will crash!

Good luck to anyone planning to stay up.

xx
  • mcewaj
    mcewaj Posts: 85 Forumite
    So does that mean keen Bootsers should be getting ready for Tuesday, about 11.58pm, ready for an all-nighter? If it does, I guarantee we'll see tha tango-ed couple, and once they've gone, the site will crash!

Good luck to anyone planning to stay up.

xx

:rotfl:possibly!
    I will keep you informed if she passes any info to me, fortunately my neighbour has a good friend working in Boots so she usually has heads up, so fingers xd!!! Ill be first in the queue like I was last year if it is, but they best open the doors at 8am, not 8.30am like they did last time, I was freeeezzzzzing and wanted my bargains!!!!:rotfl:
    Loves Money Saving Expert so much, my husband says I should marry M.L! :money: Jo - 2k10:j
  • Thanks for this, really hope it is this Wednesday, hubby is off work so he can take the kids to school and keep the baby (well toddler) while I queue up lol. WOnt be staying up this year for the online sale tho, carrying twins is tiring work lol.
    Mummy to Leeland 5, Lakota 4, Lennox 1 and expecting non id twins March 2011.
  • WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Thank you for posting! I actually spent all day yesterday clearing out my cupboards to make room, just in case I managed to get some Boots bargins, then I read somewhere this morning that the 75% off sale may not be happening this year, so thank you for posting!! Very good news :-) I have so many birthdays in Feb & March so I am very happy!
    Midwife in the making....
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,945
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    I was going Bristol to see what stock levels were in Broadmead but unfortunately the road from mine was very icy so I turned around and came home. Anyone any idea what stock is like in Broadmead and Cribbs so I can decide where to go? Last year I went to Broadmead 1st and then on to Cribbs as it opens later. Somebody already mentioned Bath does not have much stock so will give that a miss. A bit short of money this year as I used most of my points for Xmas pressies and for a perfume set for DD's bday last week. Really want some more Totes slippers if they make to the sale. Think I will give the online sale a miss as it is too stressful. Lots of luck all.
  • x__Indigo_x
    x__Indigo_x Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    hope this is true tho there is nothing left in st helens :(
    I am a full time Benefit and Money Adviser for a leading non profit charity and I LOVE my job <3
    Comments posted on this forum do not reflect the views of my employer :)

Please note forum police I suffer from dyslexia so my spelling and grammar can be dreadful- sorry but I cant help it!
  • stmidwife
    stmidwife Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    I really hope its next Wednesday (the 19th) as I don't get paid until Friday and there won't be anything left by then! :eek:
  • Issyc
    Issyc Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Thanks to OP. It is like a scene from a Naked Gun film! Made me smile.
  • Went to Bristol Broadmead yesterday - stock levels were very low so don't think they will have that much left to clear.
  • chloes
    chloes Posts: 252 Forumite
    I work at Boots and head office haven't decided the date yet, we were told that today by our store manager. My manager said it'll be the end of the month if there is one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure