PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• cheerfulness4
    cheerfulness4 Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Can I have my target set at £180 for September please?
  • I think I'll go for £100 for September again. Not starting until the 1st though.
    October Grocery Challenge: £20.65/£150
    September Grocery Challenge: I lost track :o/£200
    August Grocery Challenge: £92.11/£100 :)
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Having had a summer of total excess I really need to get a grip and get back on the OS wagon. I am still paying off my holiday and although I'll get a payrise next month I need to seriously reign
    in the spending.

As September is approx 4 weeks long so I'll do my best to keep the spending to £35 a week - this includes all food, drinks, dog food, cleaning and laundry stuff and toiletries.
    So please put me down for £140
    It will be a struggle as I've got used to flinging things in the trolley and not even looking at cost :o:o:o

I also seem to have forgotten how to cook....so will need to get on with that too.
  • Starting tomorrow but already have a spend of £18 and popping to Ald! in a bit. Please could I go for £220 this month!

Good luck everyone!
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Can I join please? I've lurked for over a year, but never had the courage to say hi!

Just me and the OH for the month, so can I Please have £175 for me?

Thank you :) x
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    thankyou to all who set the thread up...no thanks button on your posts for some reason

i have spent too much over the summer and have given up on august but am up for sept....i have a few new ideas to try and i always feel sept is a new start so that should woork out well for me

all the best posters and good luck
    tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • why_not_2
    why_not_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Can I join please.

Looking to stabilize what we spend and then reduce it. This is the first month for us so am going to start with target of £300 or £10 per day.

Hoping these challenges will keep me motivated :-)
    December 2014 GC 71.59/300
  • Thanks for the thread guys :)

I'd like to reduce my monthly budget to £160.00 please. Will be starting on the 29th August to September 29th

Thanks again,
  • Taranaman
    Taranaman Posts: 100 Forumite
    I'm joining in too with £300, not including the big shop for DD2 just before she goes back to Uni.
    January GC 299/300
    February GC 295/270
    March GC 92/243 then lost the plot and stopped recording for two months and went way over :eek:
    May GC 372/250 still looking for the plot
    June GC 118/250
  • How do I get added to the list?
    October Grocery Challenge: £20.65/£150
    September Grocery Challenge: I lost track :o/£200
    August Grocery Challenge: £92.11/£100 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure