Help U Cover - Life Cover

Hi

I've been getting some quotes online for Life Cover with Legal & General and found that Help U Cover offer the same insurance (with L&G) but cheaper. I've been told its because they pass the commission back to the customer.

For peace of mind, has anyone taken out a policy with then and is it safe to do so?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    For peace of mind, has anyone taken out a policy with then and is it safe to do so?

Legal & general are a well regarded insurance company. They have some faults, as do all companies, but for life assurance they are fine.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 8 Forumite
    What about Help U Cover - are they safe to use?
  • OshayAway
    OshayAway Posts: 715 Forumite
    Jit7 wrote: »
    There are plenty of cheaper ones out there.
  • dunstonh
    Jit7 wrote: »

No different to any other IFA or protection only authorised firm out there.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • uk_steve
    uk_steve Posts: 375 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2010 at 3:18PM
    actually have just finally taken out a policy via them today with Liverpool Victoria

i have to say that Help U Cover was very good on telephone calls and letters

for me i have disability i had to have 2 telephone medical checks
    in all its taken about 6 weeks to get the policy in place with LV

I'm assuming this is just 1 of them things i have to go through where ever i go

@ Dunstonh (only guide purposes here)

i have no children but been with my partner for a few years now and my partner is named in my Will

say for example 6mths down the line i die in a traincrash :-(

automaticly does my fixed lump sum amount on the ploicy go to my partner because she is in my will?

or do i need to set up anything to make sure it does because thats why i wanted to do this in the 1st place for her benefit (if the worse ever come)

thanks in advance
    Oh well we only live once ;-)
  • dunstonh
    automaticly does my fixed lump sum amount on the ploicy go to my partner because she is in my will?

First it is paid to the executor of your estate. That in turn is distributed as per your will and tax. If the life policy is written in trust, then it is paid direct to the beneficiary outside of the estate and not included for tax. If its joint owner rather than single owner, then its paid to the surviving owner.
  • uk_steve
    uk_steve Posts: 375 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2010 at 4:04PM
    dunstonh wrote: »
    First it is paid to the executor of your estate. That in turn is distributed as per your will and tax. If the life policy is written in trust, then it is paid direct to the beneficiary outside of the estate and not included for tax. If its joint owner rather than single owner, then its paid to the surviving owner.

thank you ;)
    Oh well we only live once ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family