pepsi max alternative ...

13»

Comments

• mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    welshsue wrote: »
    Found the Morrisons alternative this morning as have a son who will only drink pepsi max. He came home and looked at the bottles and said "urgh I won't drink that, I only drink pepsi max".
    Managed to convince him to try it and he was pleasantly suprised and said its nice and he would drink it. Told him I will now buy this one as much cheaper.
    Thanks op for the find..... :)

Glad to help ;)
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    VoucherMan wrote: »

Do you have any peer reviewed journal papers on the "dangers" of aspartame?

Thought not.

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Biological effects on bone calcium and kidney health
    Phosphoric acid...........

Is there really any need for this? Surely you can't be in the frame of mind that no one on here is of adult age and therefore cannot make up their own minds?

I don't understand the point of your post when the thread itself was meant to help save people money by mentioning a cheaper similar product. Why post that?

Its not just coke by the way, its not just phosphoric acid either, caffeine salt and lack of exercise can also have the same leeching effect on bones and lead to bone conditions. Coffee, Red Bull, strong tea all have caffeine in, lemonade, even fizzy water also have phosphoric acid in, many foods have other bad things in them (too much salt, trans fat, too much sugar, alcohol, industrialised cities, lack of sleep/exercise...etc etc)

Most people encounter at least one of these things on a daily basis and most people manage to make their own minds up, it is the choice of the person and the responsibilty of the person making that choice. (This is something which comes with age ;)) applying a counter effect exercise to help minimise any damage caused or live with the issue.

Either you are trolling or you really do not realise that the choice is really down to the person themselves, why post that?!
  • Peanuckle
    Peanuckle Posts: 481 Forumite
    my picky husband says that RC cola from Asda is almost the same as coke if anyone is looking for a replacement for that rather than for pepsi. I can't taste the difference between any of them but he can, even in a blind test (and yes, I did blindfold him and try it :rotfl:)
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Thanks Jenniewb
    I did post hoping that someone else can save money too.
    I do excericse for 1 hour 6 days a week, have a mega helthy BMI, dont drink alcohol, dont smoke and cook most of my meals from scratch ... so apart from the pepsi i do live a healthy lifestyle. The kids also wouldnt thank me for fizzy pop as they much prefer milk, water or cordial and as they see me drink it its not something thats taboo and like alot of there friends they dont drink as much as they can when we arnt around.
    Peanuckle - i know exactly what you mean about the blind taste tests, i am the same with pepsi max. Hubbie has even tried putting something different in the pepsi bottle, but i was all ready to write a complaint to pepsi before he told me :o

Lisa
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,615
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Forumite
    I have also found a Tesco equivalent too for those not near a Morrisons. It's called "Xero Cola" and is packaged very similarly to Pepsi Max / Coke Zero. It doesn't taste *exactly* the same but it's good enough for my fussy boys so yay!! Think a 2L bottle was 56p so bit of a difference from the branded stuff!
  • Krissy306
    Krissy306 Posts: 419
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    im addicted to coke. and yeh whatever its bad for you. i dont smoke i dont do drugs. life could be worse...

but yeh, all i drink is diet pepsi or diet coke, coke zero, caffene free coke.

i tried this 39p one from aldi and wow its so nice and for 39p if i keep managing to get myself to aldi im gunna save a fortune. so thankyou
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure