WHO ARE Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd !!!!

hi

sorry if this is in the wrong thread but wasnt sure were to post it (please move if wrong place)

anyway

the problem i have is i have just looked at my credit report and i have found out that a company called Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd has done a search on both my last 2 home address's on the 16th june 2008. i hav enot got a clue who it is and imoved out of the two address's they searched - 1 in oct 2004 and the other sep 2007. they did not do a search at my current address which i have been in since sep 2007. i dont know who they are and why they were doing a credit check on me.

has anybody got any idea who Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd are?

thanx
hels

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Seem to provide insurance and finance for a few different companies

http://consumer-info.co.uk/ProductPages/littlewoods.aspx

The following link has an email address

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/188261-email-adress-needed-shop.html
  • has anybody got any idea who Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd are?

The Shop Direct Group owned by the multi-billionaire Barclay Brothers includes:- Littlewoods, G.U.S., Empire Stores/La Redoubte, Homebase & Argos. Littlewoods runs the in-house credit/finance company in Bootle.

Have you purchased any goods (incl. catalogue purchases) from any of these companies?
  • emeraldbugle
    emeraldbugle Posts: 1,063
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    They have also done two searches on me in the last two weeks. I created an account with Very to be paid by credit card, but then I have never actually completed the purchase.

Why would they search my file?
  • jimbms
    jimbms Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    This company buy lists from other mail order stores such as next of good and frequent payers, they then credit chech the desirable ones so they can target offers from mail order companies and be able to give an instant credit limit should you take up the offer, example the other week I got phoned by Kay's who offered me an instant £3000 limit and 25% off first order if I ordered online within 24hrs. needless to say we ordered a TV we was after and a bloody good camera then paid it off 14 days later hehehe.
    Approach her; adore her. Behold her; worship her. Caress her; indulge her. Kiss her; pleasure her. Kneel to her; lavish her. Assert to her; let her guide you. Obey her as you know how; Surrender is so wonderful! For Caroline my Goddess.
  • I have had a couple of fraudulent attempts, using my name and address, to buy goods online or through mail order in the last couple of months. A letter from Shop Direct Finance Company alerted me to an attempt to buy goods using my address and a false name, presumably from one of the retailers named in the posts above - they tried to do a credit check on the false name at my address which came up blank so credit was refused. At least they're checking, not just throwing money at anyone and everyone.

YS.
  • I have received a letter today from MKDP LLP who it states have taken over from a company called shop direct Finance company, who I have never heard of! saying that as of 4th Oct 2010 I have an outstanding balance of £5.
    Anyone got any suggestions as to what I do? like I said I haven't a clue who these people are let alone bought anything!
  • Don't pay anything. these companies use small numbers so you would more than likely just pay it. they send it out to millions of people, the best thing you can do is to ask them for all the details of the outstanding bill AND a copy of the original agreement you signed showing you owe this money, if its a con then they will more than likely leave you alone. Hope this helps you. Mike
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    mikes9512 wrote: »
    Don't pay anything. these companies use small numbers so you would more than likely just pay it. they send it out to millions of people, the best thing you can do is to ask them for all the details of the outstanding bill AND a copy of the original agreement you signed showing you owe this money, if its a con then they will more than likely leave you alone. Hope this helps you. Mike

Best thing to do is totally ignore the letter - they're fishing. If you do contact them they'll know they've got a matching name and address and will continue to harrass you.
  • hi

sorry if this is in the wrong thread but wasnt sure were to post it (please move if wrong place)

anyway

the problem i have is i have just looked at my credit report and i have found out that a company called Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd has done a search on both my last 2 home address's on the 16th june 2008. i hav enot got a clue who it is and imoved out of the two address's they searched - 1 in oct 2004 and the other sep 2007. they did not do a search at my current address which i have been in since sep 2007. i dont know who they are and why they were doing a credit check on me.

has anybody got any idea who Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd are?

thanx
    hels

Shop Finance Direct are Littlewoods catalogue
  • MLFroglands95
    MLFroglands95 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 1 November 2012 at 2:16PM
    mikes9512 wrote: »
    Don't pay anything. these companies use small numbers so you would more than likely just pay it. they send it out to millions of people, the best thing you can do is to ask them for all the details of the outstanding bill AND a copy of the original agreement you signed showing you owe this money, if its a con then they will more than likely leave you alone. Hope this helps you. Mike

I too have had trouble with this company, I ran Empire for many years and they were fine, then it changed/merged to KandCo, since then nothing but problems, I chose not to purchase anything else and my customer rang and asked their final account amount which he was informed, I then got an email saying the same. They then sent a statement saying they wanted more and it was their fault, then another statement came asking for even more. I had cancelled the direct debit and already spoken with FSA and they made notes of this as I also told them that since Empire had ceased I have had no commission, which I calculate of over £200, but wanted to sort the account first. I took instructions from FSA stating write to them and give them a time limit which I have. They have come back within that time stating they will have a final response by 21.11.2012, but either way I paid the account and I still owed my commission. FSA say as long as you give them a reasonable time to respond they must respond and as this forum states, I did ask for full account details as to why they requested further funds and information regardng my commision. As per FSA instructions, I will allow them to provide information until 21.11.2012, but will also contact FSA so they have this information on record. But as the forum says, DO NOT PAY ANYTHING, I too think this company was taken over and they are committing fraudulant acts, but my best advice is to contact FSA so they have this information on record.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure