Shredding lbs and £'s in 2013....

Comments

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Day 2

Well day two has gone well. A nsd on money front and also completed day two of level one on the 30 day shred. I actually found it easier today, not sure why but that's good in my mind!

I took a peak at level two....OMG :eek: I must stick with it though, I can do this!!!!!!!

Pooch back from puppy class - she was a very good girl this evening for a change. Normally mad.

Choc x
  • Well done choc-addict, a girl after my own heart! I started Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred in Jan/Feb and have got her other DVDs since, they are all amazing. At the start I weighed 63kg (size 12 waist, 14 bust) and had been for so many years. Every 3 or 4 months since then I've noticed I had to change clothes size. Now I'm an incredible 53kg, size 6/8 waist and 8/10 bust . This was far more than I imagined possible and have never been this size!

As I'm paying off my old debts, I do have to get most of my clothes 2nd hand on ebay or if I can really afford to treat myself, it's in the sales (and always look for further discount vouchers online too!), but my old stuff gets sold on ebay too, good riddance.

The 30 day shred is hard to start with, but keep at it and it will work wonders, I promise :T x
  • Choc-addict
    Wow Lisalou - you've just given me great encouragement! I am determined to finish the 30 day shred and am already trying to decide what dvd of hers next to do. I want to keep up this fitness dvd's together with some running and hopefully they'll never be the need for a gym again!
  • Choc-addict
    Day 3.....

Have me a long day at work today so don't know what else I will fit in. I'm supposed to be going out tonight but not really feeling like it (don't know why?) so may pass and save the money and have a quite one. Not slept properly past few nights so I wonder if that is it.

So mini list for today -
    • Work until 6pm (already at work now)
    • Day 3 of 30 day shred
    • Mini spruce of house
    • Sort clothes
    Nothing major, most of the day is taken up with work so can't do much else.

Choc x
  • I'm glad to hear you're enjoying these workouts. I've never been to a gym in my life, find them far too intimidating and I initially doubted whether doing these workouts from home would have the same effect. I haven't changed my diet at all, still love chocolate, pizza & pasta, just all down to sweating for 30-40 mins a day!

Another good one to go for is 'Ripped in 30', it's based on the same style as '30 day shred' but again advances on the exercises involved. 'Banish fat, boost metabolism' is good too, this one lasts 50 mins. I enjoy mixing them all up so don't get bored doing the same one. And these DVDs are so cheap, it's far better than paying for gym membership :j
  • Choc-addict
    I'm glad to hear you're enjoying these workouts. I've never been to a gym in my life, find them far too intimidating and I initially doubted whether doing these workouts from home would have the same effect. I haven't changed my diet at all, still love chocolate, pizza & pasta, just all down to sweating for 30-40 mins a day!

Another good one to go for is 'Ripped in 30', it's based on the same style as '30 day shred' but again advances on the exercises involved. 'Banish fat, boost metabolism' is good too, this one lasts 50 mins. I enjoy mixing them all up so don't get bored doing the same one. And these DVDs are so cheap, it's far better than paying for gym membership :j

Ooh now i'm excited!! I like the idea of mixing them up :)

Can I ask, did you do the 30days straight or did you have a couple of rest days in between?

I can't afford the gym (as you can see in my sig!) so need to up the exercise from home. I'm already finding that mentally i'm more focused by having something to stick too. x
  • I never do the same routine two days in a row. Sometimes I'd do pilates or swimming inbetween Jillian's and other workouts, but if my muscles hurt then I'd skip it for a day to recover.

'The Firm' are good workouts too, similar to Jillian Michaels where the pace is mixed up fast and slow. They're only £5 or £6 but go for the new ones with purple covers, the white covers are old and not as good ;) Mixing them up like this you will definitely see results quickly.
  • Choc-addict
    I never do the same routine two days in a row. Sometimes I'd do pilates or swimming inbetween Jillian's and other workouts, but if my muscles hurt then I'd skip it for a day to recover.

'The Firm' are good workouts too, similar to Jillian Michaels where the pace is mixed up fast and slow. They're only £5 or £6 but go for the new ones with purple covers, the white covers are old and not as good ;) Mixing them up like this you will definitely see results quickly.

Fab, thank you! I shall take a look over the weekend and perhaps order another to do on alternate days. I like to run and swim too so perhaps I can mix it all up like you say. Oooh, i'm dead excited now :D How sad am I?!
  • Choc-addict
    Well didn't get a chance to do dvd yesterday. Worked all day and then a quick shower and out for meal. Had a real bargain of a meal nachos to start, fajitas for main and a couple of glasses of fizz and came in at £15 including tip....perfect and delicious!

Today sees me taking the pooch for a 2 hour walk this morning, ollowed by lunch then house work. DVD (go me!!!)....bit more housework and now sat down with a cuppa.

Later on i'm popping to a friends for a cuppa and then back for bit more housework/sorting and then a bit of good old sat night tv :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good luck with the dreaded shred & the debt busting :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure