MSE News: OFT 'to drop' bank charges case

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    c0sie wrote: »
    So the last few years of my life, checking this forum, reading the emails, believing the hype...

All wasted?

No, lot's more debating to come, I'm sure :)
    ...the Government, the Treasury and the OFT may yet still be involved in some sort of negotiations with the banks...
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Office-Of-Fair-Trading-To-Drop-Case-Against-Banks-Regarding-Overdraft-Fees/Article/200912315505806?lpos=Business_First_Poilitics_Article_Teaser_Regi_1&lid=ARTICLE_15505806_Office_Of_Fair_Trading_To_Drop_Case_Against_Banks_Regarding_Overdraft_Fees
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Typically speedy response from Latest MSE News. You would have thought they would have been communicating with OFT:mad::mad::mad:
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Typically speedy response from Latest MSE News. You would have thought they would have been communicating with OFT:mad::mad::mad:

To be fair to MSE they have been communicating with them but the OFT are not commenting to anyone on the Sky story.
  • MrLeeLee wrote: »
    What a load of old crap, totally predictable. Thanks for nothing.
    Glad to see you have been quick to give up. The problem we have is simple. the waters remain muddied and so if the OFT don't do anything whatsoever now, then their hand will be forced again. Doing NOTHING is not really an option to be honest.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Everyone should just wait for 7am tmw morning xx
    LegalBeagles
  • MrLeeLee
    MrLeeLee Posts: 163 Forumite
    Glad to see you have been quick to give up. The problem we have is simple. the waters remain muddied and so if the OFT don't do anything whatsoever now, then their hand will be forced again. Doing NOTHING is not really an option to be honest.

Who said anything about giving up? I certainly won't be, I can promise you that!
  • It will be interesting to say how or if they are going to proceed.
    I'm still interested to see what THEIR view is and what the view of MSE is as well.

• langfor wrote: »
    SKY NEWS...

Overdraft Fees: Case Against Banks Dropped

Banks will face no further legal action from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) regarding their overdraft fees, Sky sources say.

The OFT lost a test case last month, when the Supreme Court ruled that banks were entitled to charge for unauthorised overdrafts.
    However, the judges suggested the case could be brought to court again using a different legal argument.
    More follows...

Well if that's true it's really really sad. Just another sorry tale to go with all the other ones in 2009. Personally I think we should burn all records of the last decade and make sure it gets lost in time forever. It certainly has proved to be 10 of mankinds worst years, that's for sure. If the next 10 are like it, I can't see the point of carrying on to be honest, let's hope 2012 comes true eh?
  • Well if that's true it's really really sad. Just another sorry tale to go with all the other ones in 2009. Personally I think we should burn all records of the last decade and make sure it gets lost in time forever. It certainly has proved to be 10 of mankinds worst years, that's for sure. If the next 10 are like it, I can't see the point of carrying on to be honest, let's hope 2012 comes true eh?

It is true, London will host the Olympic Games in 2012 ;)

• It is true, London will host the Olympic Games in 2012 ;)

LOL! holly crap! you're right! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport