Argos - email address please for complaints

Comments

• the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Posts: 7,549 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 September 2011 at 1:17PM
    Just phone the Head Office switch board and ask to speak to the Managing Director's Office, last time I dealt with them they had a team of people who have decision making ability there to deal with complaints which CS can't seem to resolve and in the end I got £250 off my order.

Switch board number: 01908 690333
  • The above phone number is correct 01908 690333, however they may have changed the email address to [EMAIL="customer.enquiries@argos.co.uk"]customer.enquiries@argos.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    hope this helps.
    (The person on the phone insisted that enquiries@argos.co.uk was the correct address and I had to quote chapter and verse that that address kept being returned by postmaster@....i am afraid it doesn't fill me with too much confidence)
  • Waffle_On
    Waffle_On Posts: 408 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ludovico wrote: »
    Just phone the Head Office switch board and ask to speak to the Managing Director's Office, last time I dealt with them they had a team of people who have decision making ability there to deal with complaints which CS can't seem to resolve and in the end I got £250 off my order.

Switch board number: 01908 690333

I second this. I work for one of their suppliers, and have had calls from the MD's office when they've seriously messed up on customer service before.
    Shrinking my mortgage!
    Nov 13 £166,000

Jan 17 £142,900
  • hi, any idea where i can complain about argos??? my family are over from tenerife and my 11 year old sister saved to buy an ipod touch, we purchased it on sat in liverpool for £170, it wasnt working so we returned it yesterday, the store manager in st johns liverpool was ignorant, very unhelpful, i had also reserved an ipod dock and when he refused to help, i replied, i wont ever purchase from argos again and had the reservation number in hand and his response was, "so you wont be wanting that then?" is it just me or are staff supposed to be friendly and helpful??? my sister is now travelling back to tenerife with a broken ipod, thanks again argos!!!!!
  • I'm having problems with Argos as well. I ordered a kitchen table in the beginning of November as we needed it for Xmas, it took 5 weeks to deliver and when it arrived on 17th Dec it is damaged and unuseable.

The box the table is in is so large that I can only store it in my back garden, and the idots at Argos's customer services cant give me a date for collection.

So I've searched on the web and found a email address for Raye Summers who I believe is the MD? I found it at this site:

ceoemail

(Use Google to find it.)

I've already emailed him, I hope others do as well, hope it spoils his Xmas has he has done mine.

:mad:
  • hi, any idea where i can complain about argos??? my family are over from tenerife and my 11 year old sister saved to buy an ipod touch, we purchased it on sat in liverpool for £170, it wasnt working so we returned it yesterday, the store manager in st johns liverpool was ignorant, very unhelpful, i had also reserved an ipod dock and when he refused to help, i replied, i wont ever purchase from argos again and had the reservation number in hand and his response was, "so you wont be wanting that then?" is it just me or are staff supposed to be friendly and helpful??? my sister is now travelling back to tenerife with a broken ipod, thanks again argos!!!!!

Did he refuse to do anything, or did he offer to repair it? Plus, what was the fault? You'd be surprised how many people tried to return goods with damaged screens, backs etc.
  • I would also like to add, Sara Weller IS NOT the Chief Exec (CEO) of Argos, she is in fact the MD (Managing Director). Terry Duddy IS the Chief Exec (CEO) of the Home Retail Group, and this includes Argos.

Hope this has helped some of you. :D

It would be a massive help if you had their HOME addresses too! I tend to find a letter to the home address of an MD/CEO really focuses the mind and makes things happen........ :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sir Michael Rake solved a BT customer service issue that had dragged on for months in just a couple of hours!
  • texranger
    texranger Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Fingers crossed it's delivered on Friday. I've to wait in all day as she couldn't give me a time for delivery - but it's coming!!
    Melissa is definately the one to email!!!
    Thanks again :beer:

i am pleased you got it sorted, hope it arrives on Friday
  • I ordered a coffee table and side table online the other day, due to be delivered today 30/12. First it took them 2 hours just to confirm the order via email, then when I tracked it online it just said 'your order has been placed'. Checked this morning and it still said the same so I called 'customer services' (I use that term loosely)...
    First the woman told me the delivery address I was giving didn't match the order number. Rubbish - even the confirmation email THEY SENT confirmed the correct email address!)
    Then she asked for my name and card holder address - NEITHER OF WHICH MATCHED WHAT SHE HAD EITHER!? Apparently they had a man's name down (again, their own confirmation email called me Carly) and a completely different address for both delivery and billing, although the items showing in that order number were correct.
    She then claimed they had 'noticed' the addresses didn't match up and had tried to contact me. Rubbish - the confirmation email showed my correct contact number and NOBODY called.
    So they have managed to change the name, delivery address, billing address and contact number on the order, and yet still took the money off my credit card!!!!
    I was then offered a phone call from the department who can apparently help me BUT IN 3 DAYS TIME so I angrily told the woman to stuff it and cancel the order and refund me.
    HOW RIDICULOUS how can they mix up people's personal details surely despite not telling me the addresses and name she had that is some sort of breach of data protection?!
  • Argos and furniture resulted in us never shopping with Argos again. They delivered some furniture which we ordered and it turned out not suitable so asked that they collect it. Two months later they still hadn't refunded. After a few phone calls and getting no where I announced to customer services that they were quick enough to take my money, but not very good at giving it back and if my account was not credited by Monday morning I would be down my solicitors and starting proceedings to get my money back. Needless to say I had a credit on the Monday morning.

That was about 4 years ago and I've never ever shopped there since and never will.
    If you're not behind our soldiers.....please feel free to stand in front of them!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback