'Air-flow' teeth cleaning- is it any good?

Hi all,

My dentist offers a stain removal/cleaning called Air-flow and it cost £45. I was informed that it is a high pressure jet of water containing salt that gently cleans the teeth surfaces.

I am thinking of having it done as I do have tea staining of some teeth, but I am not interested in whitening treatments. I also do not want to put the health of my teeth at risk just for some staining.

Has anyone any experience of this system good or bad?

Cheers Si

Comments

• brook2jack
    brook2jack Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    excellent non abrasive way of getting rid of staining.

Sometimes the dust can get everywhere so dont wear an expensive/dark top on the day.
  • londoner1998
    londoner1998 Posts: 800 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    essexsi wrote: »
    Hi all,

My dentist offers a stain removal/cleaning called Air-flow and it cost £45. I was informed that it is a high pressure jet of water containing salt that gently cleans the teeth surfaces.

I am thinking of having it done as I do have tea staining of some teeth, but I am not interested in whitening treatments. I also do not want to put the health of my teeth at risk just for some staining.

Has anyone any experience of this system good or bad?

Cheers Si

Yeah, I have it done every six months and I love it- I have a'polish &scale' with the Air-flow and it leaves my teeth really clean and nice...gently but effective. Definetely makes a difference, but without the hi-glo of whitening... go for it.
  • essexsi_2
    essexsi_2 Posts: 306 Forumite
    Thank you both for your replies.

I think I will go ahead and get it done. If nothing else it sounds like a really good clean.

Cheers Si
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport