Say no to Sky's 0844 numbers campaign

At SAYNOTO0870.COM we have been publishing geographical (01/02) alternative numbers to Sky's 0844 numbers. We have got to the point where they only last a day or two before they are taken out of service.

I am not a Sky customer, but I am given to understand certain changes to mean a telephone call, such as changing package, and in particular moving downwards or cancelling the paid-for part of the service. This is because the website and the red button only allow customers to add services.

I urge all Sky customers who have a view on this matter to e-mail the Chief Executive:[EMAIL="jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com"] jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com[/EMAIL]

Sky could provide an alternative for us to list, but chooses not to. If only a few calls are made to the alternative numbers, then why disable them? If not, then this demonstrates that customers don't like the 0844 numbers.

So Sky, give us an alternative number for customers to use.

Comments

• DonnyDave wrote: »
    At SAYNOTO0870.COM we have been publishing geographical (01/02) alternative numbers to Sky's 0844 numbers. We have got to the point where they only last a day or two before they are taken out of service.

I am not a Sky customer, but I am given to understand certain changes to mean a telephone call, such as changing package, and in particular moving downwards or cancelling the paid-for part of the service. This is because the website and the red button only allow customers to add services.

I urge all Sky customers who have a view on this matter to e-mail the Chief Executive:[EMAIL="jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com"] jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com[/EMAIL]

Sky could provide an alternative for us to list, but chooses not to. If only a few calls are made to the alternative numbers, then why disable them? If not, then this demonstrates that customers don't like the 0844 numbers.

So Sky, give us an alternative number for customers to use.

The problem with a lot of the numbers you have posted for Sky is that they are direct lines to specific departments within Sky for use by their installers. Sky change these numbers to prevent disruption to their business down to you publicising such numbers. If you were to only publish direct switchboard numbers then no problem BUT the way your site has been publishing numbers is counter-productive.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    DonnyDave wrote: »
    I am not a Sky customer......
    I urge all Sky customers who have a view on this matter to e-mail the Chief Executive: ....

So you are not even a customer, yet publish their CE's personal e-mail address??

Why do you have an axe to grind?

(And coming here and breaking the MSE rules by publishing the e-mail address lets down saynoto0870 as well as trying to bring MSE into isrepute by urging mischievous action like this)
  • Quentin
    As for bringing this forum into disrepute? You can't even spell the word.

Your point being what exactly?

How does it look if MSE is used as the means to mount mischievous campaigns against individuals by publishing their prsonal e-mail addresses?

When we join up here we agree to be bound by the rules, one of which is not to to post personal email addresses.

And the OP isn't even a customer of Sky, so seems to just be causing them trouble for vindictive reasons.

(And as far as you pointing out that posts here are the personal opinion of the poster - isn't that always the case?)
  • Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 59,413 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    There's love in this world for everyone. Every rascal and son of a gun.
    It's for the many and not the few. Be sure it's out there looking for you.
    In every town, in every state. In every house and every gate.
    Wth every precious smile you make. And every act of kindness.
    Micheal Marra, 1952 - 2012
  • Quentin
    Fifer wrote: »

So why would he bother having rules like "don't post personal e-mail addresses" if he was happy for his site to be misused for campaigns like this?
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Am i right in thinking that

a. if you are a skytalk customer then calls to sky (eve & weekends) are free

2. calls to 0870 numbers are also free (not sure about just evening and weekends.

Just to add - i think saynoto0870 is great, i have saved a fortune over the years. I tell anyone and everyone about it.

I also think its outrageous that there is an 8p connection charge during the day so usually dont call anyone during that time. 13p to make a 1 minute call is
    oTT in my opinion.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Do you really think that this really is a 'personal email address' that Mr D uses to chat to his friends? Anyway I'm afraid going to the top is oftenb the only way to get action from these corporations. I fully support saynoto0870 on this.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    incus432 wrote: »
    Do you really think that this really is a 'personal email address' that Mr D uses to chat to his friends? Anyway I'm afraid going to the top is oftenb the only way to get action from these corporations. I fully support saynoto0870 on this.

So do I, I am convinced that Sky actually tell call centre staff to drag out phone calls in order to increase revenue.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    McKneff wrote: »
    Am i right in thinking that

a. if you are a skytalk customer then calls to sky (eve & weekends) are free

2. calls to 0870 numbers are also free (not sure about just evening and weekends.

No, they are "inclusive", you have to pay a subscription to receive the inclusive calls, if they where free, you would not need to pay anything!

Free = at no cost.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• If a company does not have a geographic alternative, or I cannot find one, I don't ring them. It's that simple. I thank SNT0870 for saving me an absolute fortune over the last few years.

Shame on Sky for being money-grabbing !!!!!!!s.
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family