PC World price promise ,match price + 10% (dsi poss under £80 help please)

So I've seen the pcworld price promise so eg if I showed them the sainsburys price for the dsi ,would they take an extra ten percent off ,taking it to under £84.37 also I have a pc world £5 voucher from the other thread (ta op ;) )which theoretically would take it down to £79.37
Would this work ,or rather how would this work ?
Thanks in advance.
MSE- The Glitchhikers guide to the galaxy :)

Comments

• claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    off to bed now but theres a thread I read on hukd about this deal if you can find it
  • oooo....I am curious about this as well. DS has just sprung it on me he would like a DSi XL and I was going to get in on Wednesday at Sainsbury's....if they still had them, but if PC World are doing the price promise thing it would make it under £100....which is TOTALLY fantastic.

**It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.**
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    would they take an extra ten percent off

Isn't their price promise 10% of the difference? Also needs to be in stock:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/Price-Promise-875-theme.html

Anon
  • imsraj
    imsraj Posts: 18 Forumite
    they do the same price promise as currys. price much and 10% off the difference. for example dsi at pc world is £110 and in sainsburys £94 the difference is £16. therefore that 10% difference is £1.60, so ur total price for dsi should be around £92 ish. by the way they dont accept the £5 voucher when u ask them for 10% difference. so to get more off the price dont ask for the 10%, just ask them to beat the price them give them the £5 voucher which takes another £5 off.
  • It has to be an identical product that is in stock too (i.e. if it's a bundle it will have to be the same deal) and it has to be within so many miles of the other store, they will call them and check it's available to buy and take away that day too so it's best you check yourself 1st. And as already mentioned it will only be 10% of the difference and not 10% off the price and can not be used with any other offers.
  • thanks very much for the replies reckon it's worth a shot day off Tuesday so will have a go I need 2 and I'll probably get one in Sainsburys then k can take that to pc world for them to price match and for me to *try* and use my voucher :)
    thanks to everyone who pointed out it's ten per cent of the difference wouldn't have thought of that :)
  • i tried this the other day with the black wii, selling for £179.99 in currys/pc world, so £60 saving in sainsburys, they werent impressed at all, and i didnt end up getting it, they had no manager in, and he needed to confirm the price as it was such a big difference lol :rotfl:
    I spent too much time on facebook, so deleted it !!!
    Found a new hobby!!!
    Just sooo expensive and time consuming
    CHEERS GUYS !!!!!!:D
  • Hi all,
    I've just been a tad unlucky with PC World and wanted some advice. I bought a laptop at the close of business on Wed night. I traded in my laptop and got £50 off which was great, but first thing thursday they introduced £100 trade in if you buy a laptop over £500, which mine is and then to make it worse lowered the laptop by £25. My question is really, will they price match themselves? sounds so stupid doesn't it? but the person offering the better deal is them!! just days after. It's not been 7 days yet and I'll be prepared to go in tomorrow to talk about it, but I'm really sad about it as that's £75 difference! :eek:
    Saving for Christmas 2023 #51🎄
    £1 a day £36/£365
    Tilly Tidy 🧹 2023
    💸 2023 1% Challenge #9 ☀️
  • Hi all,
    I've just been a tad unlucky with PC World and wanted some advice. I bought a laptop at the close of business on Wed night. I traded in my laptop and got £50 off which was great, but first thing thursday they introduced £100 trade in if you buy a laptop over £500, which mine is and then to make it worse lowered the laptop by £25. My question is really, will they price match themselves? sounds so stupid doesn't it? but the person offering the better deal is them!! just days after. It's not been 7 days yet and I'll be prepared to go in tomorrow to talk about it, but I'm really sad about it as that's £75 difference! :eek:
    You Can only try
  • Hi all,

it would be a good will gesture if they did refund the difference , you could try taking it back though as you're entitled to as they have your laptop they would surely have to give you the new price on your new purchase not sure how it works with trade in , but I'd definitely give it a try .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure