Littlewoods - NDR Ltd

Hi

I started making payments last year of £8.00 each month to Littlewoods after help from Citizens Advice Bureau. They then sent the debt to NDR Ltd who accepted this payment every month. I get a statement from them every month and they are adding on INSUFFICIENT MINIMUM PAYMENT FEE OF £12.00 everytime and this month a Debt collection letter fee of £12.00 also, as they say they will only accept a minimum payment of £40.00 each month now. I now owe more to them than I did when I first starting making payment !!!!

Can I make a complaint to the Financial ombudsment about this as I really am getting tired of them doing this and just feel done in to be honest with it all. This company is the only 1 that has been an absolute bloodi nightmare to deal with.

Also the statements from NDR are EXACTLY the same as the ones that I used to get from Littlewoods !!!!! (is this just coincidence)

Help much appreciated.:cry:

Comments

• WASHER
    WASHER Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    edited 16 September 2009 at 12:31PM
    Can't help but bumping you up.

Littlewoods are baskets, I have had an account for 8 years with them and I was late with a payment by one day (first time ever) and they charged me £12.00. I phoned and explained that I had paid it by internet bank in plenty of time, but they wouldn't listen, they didn't even listen to first direct when they kindly send me an secure message explaining the payment had left in plenty of time.

NDR are owned by the Littlewoods group, they are in the same building!
  • alenax
    alenax Posts: 303 Forumite
    I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to not accept payments from you.
  • I would send them a strong complaint letter - detailing the amount you can afford, explaining that you have sought help from the Citizens Advice Beareau etc. Explain that the fees are not helping you at all and you are trying to repay the debt but they are not helping you at all.
    Give them a set time frame to respond - I don't know 14days? then say if they haven't got back to you and accepted your offer and refunded your charges then you will go to the Financial Ombudsman (i think?).
    It would be great if you can find something on their website that says something about we promise to work with third party debt organisations, and that they want you to get in touch if you are in trouble then you can quote this at them. There are also some OFT(? I think) guidelines on debt collections which I think says something about adding disproportionate fees which is an example of unfair practice - if you can google them and chuck them in as well.
    Would send it recorded delivery so they can't claim not to have received it as well.
    I am not entirely sure but I think it is good practice to lodge a formal complaint with the company before you can go to the Ombudsman - not sure if they would even look at it if you haven't lodged a formal complaint to be honest.
    Oh and look at Martins thing about banks rejecting complaints and the fact that they will trun you down almost as a matter of course so be prepared to then go to the Ombudsman.
    That's what I would do anyway. It also depends on how long this has been going on - sometimes they can take months to accept your offer but I am presuming that this has dragged on and on and on from your post?
    Best of Luck
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • Oh I think that breaks the guidlines as well being from the same company/ not making clear any links as well and preporting to be a different company.
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business