Ideas for girly lunch in Glasgow

I'm looking for somewhere in Glasgow city centre (not West End), to go with a group of six early-thirty-something girlies for lunch, on a Saturday afternoon in December.

Looking for somewhere not overly expensive, where we can eat, chat and drink reasonably priced wine for a few hours! I have nothing against them, but on this occasion I'd rather avoid Wetherspoons and Lloyds.

I've not lived in Scotland for a few years, and am a bit out of touch with the current bars and restaurants.

Thanks!

Comments

• I used to work in a bar on Queen Street called Muse, it does home-cooked food, will cost about £6 for a main meal. Otherwise in the city centre, there's a bar called Uber on the little street off Argyll Street, opposite Claire's Accessories (in between House of Fraser and I think it's an arcade place?) - A bit hidden down an alleyway, but does sandwich-style food and a nice, relaxed atmosphere.

If you're looking more at Sauchiehall Street end, there's lots of nice italian restaurants, dunno whether you'd be looking more for a bar that does pub food though if you're planning on hanging around for a few hours?

Other than that I'm having a bit of a mindblank at the moment!
  • mummyd_2
    mummyd_2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    we have had a few lovely girly lunches lately booked through this
    couple in princess square, we went this weekend to adlib had great fun.
    hope this helps
  • elainew
    elainew Posts: 889 Forumite
    Theres a pizza express at George Square
    TRYING hard to be a good money saver :rolleyes:
  • bimba
    bimba Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Try Dino's Italian Restaurant in Sauchiehall Street, it always has a good atmosphere, good service and excellent quality and is very reasonable
  • How about Fifi & Ally at the Anderston end of Wellington Street?
  • the merchant city has lots of great places to eat and drink, i enjoy blackfriars of an occasion.but there are a good few other places in merchant square and the streets near by,lots of different places to suit different budgets and tastes.
    ...work permit granted!
  • cafe anduluz in the centre - just off george sq/buchanan st.

sangria a plenty and amazing food! i think it is 3 dishes and a dessert for £10
    I miss using my infinite coupons at Tesco!
    2010 was the worst year ever :(
    But 2011 so far has been a lot of fun! :j

• scotnan
    scotnan Posts: 636 Forumite
    You could try Buzzy Wares which is on the lower ground floor of Princess Square in Buchanan Street.
    Princess Square always looks lovely at that time of year and there's always a really good buzz about the place - good food, reasonably priced and great for people watching:D
  • I would also recommend 5pm. You can read the review about the restaurants and see menus and prices before you book. If you do book one of the restaurants remember to take your booking reference number with you on the day.
    Jan 1st 07 Car loan £4830.46@12% Personal Loan £11,517@8% variable Overdraft £1500 July 2009Halifax-£0Debt free date 14th July 2009 :j
  • I agree 5pm is the best place to look, excellent deals there. As OP mentioned, Princes Square would be lovely in December.

L
    :)
    Sealed pot challenge - 561
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills