Job Centre Opening hours

Anyone know the opening hours? Or does it differ from centre to centre? Also do they let you sign on earlier than your allocated time? Ive got an interview then runs right thru my sign on time.

Comments

• sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Hmm thing is its a group interview all after noon, Might not be down untill after closing time as its about 20 miles away.
  • busy_mom_2
    busy_mom_2 Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jobcentre normally open 9 - 5 mon and friday, 8 - 8 tues, wed and thursday, well mine is anyway.
    You need to call you jobcentre in the morning to see if they can see you early, if not you will have to attend monday and sign late.
  • pb6672
    pb6672 Posts: 22 Forumite
    I think the hours must vary from centre to centre - I know the one here doesn't open until about 10!

If you let them know in advance about the interview I'm sure they will arrange another time for you to go in and sign anyway.
  • suseh97
    suseh97 Posts: 112 Forumite
    I would phone your jobcentre and let them know. Job interviews are the best reason to have your signing on time changed. Take a note of the name of the person you talk to and preferable phone from your mobile so that there is a log of the call. Some jobcentre staff are very poor at actually updating case notes and you might find your jsa stopped as they think you have not bothered to sign on. That way you have back up and proof you contacted them.
    You could go to your local jobcentre but might not get past the security guard if he is a jobsworth :p
    Good luck with the interview
  • pb6672 wrote: »
    I think the hours must vary from centre to centre - I know the one here doesn't open until about 10!

If you let them know in advance about the interview I'm sure they will arrange another time for you to go in and sign anyway.

the 10am wednesday late opening has been suspended ( we had for training) due to the amount of unemployed. all should be core hours 9-5 now
  • skintbint_2
    skintbint_2 Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2009 at 10:34AM
    i work for JCP, telephonee them asap and advise you are unable to sign at your allocated signing time and ask for another for that day otherwise your benefit will be late.
    If you require assistance to get to the interview and the employer is not reimbursing you for attending the interview enquire about Travel to interview scheme they may be able to help with the cost. You must apply before you go. and if you require something suitable to wear to the interview ask for assistance from the Adviser Discretion Fund. If you are not eligible under travel to interview scheme (each office can interpret the guidance differently and there are exemptions as nexuss below states one hour but normally outwith local travel to work area is the actual definition)) ask for assistance from the adviser discretion fund as it is your signing day and no doubt money will be tight.
    Good Luck and well done for getting to the interview stage which is a job in itself:T
    skintbint x
    here's tae us, wha's like us - fell few and and they're a deid"
    10k in 2010/£6988.30-69.88%@29/12/10, 11k in 2011/£897 07.04.11- fell by the wayside!!!
    12k in 2012 - £204.00 @ 4/1/12

do not confuse me with the other skintbint who joined dec2011 - i am the original bint:rotfl:
  • nexuss
    nexuss Posts: 989 Forumite
    They will allow you to change it but may ask for the name,address and telephone number of the place you are having an interview.This is to make sure you are not actually working instead.The Travel to interview scheme is usually only for interviews an hour or more away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure