How long to ESA decisions take, after questionaires are sent back?

Comments

• kazzah60
    kazzah60 Posts: 752 Forumite
    satarical wrote: »
    Could I ask, did you send any evidence in with the ESA50/take any with you to the assessment and/or did you indicate on the ESA50 either which medical professional to contact or did you give the name and address of your GP?

It might have a bearing as to why your case was quickly disposed of.

This time round I have given them absolutely no evidence whatsoever(because I believe that it is never read or used by ATOS or the DWP), they don't have the name or address of any of my consultants or even my GP (simply because they never bother to contact them when you do give it).

By the way I was placed in the Support Group 3 years ago - expect now to fail on the same conditions/illnesses + another two new ones in the past 2 years that they don't know about and a load of more complications that they don't know about either (but hey they don't bother reading the blurb I could send them so why bother).

no I didn't have any supporting evidence as I do not see any consultant about my condition - I did give my GP's details and also mentioned a course of physiotherapy I had for it in 2010

I had a lovely nurse who was very professional and listened carefully to my answers - I must admit I was delighted when I got the decision because I was sure after reading all the horror stories that I would be turned down.

It doesn't mention a time scale in my letter from DWP - so for the MOMENT I will just relax and enjoy a worry free period !

good luck with your medical/assessment
  • robo989
    robo989 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Mine took.....about 8 months!!!!

(strangely received the "accepted" letter about 4 days after an investigation into my finances by the DWP was given the all clear..."investigation" that took 10 minutes in my home)

....charming.
  • Pippin12
    Pippin12 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Pippin12 wrote: »
    In my view this is a big mistake. I sent in six letters with my ESA50 - one each from my consultant, CPN, Occupational therapist, GP and two friends and Atos dealt with my case with out the need for a face to face assessment. I passed and was put into the support group. In the ESA85A Atos state that they used my letters as evidence in coming to their decision.

I should add that the closing date for my ESA50 to be handed in as 21st December 2012 and I received official word from the DWP that I'd been placed in the support group this last week.
  • Parva
    Parva Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    I sent my ESA form in on 28/12/12 (didn't actually have to be in until mid-January) and have just today got the letter informing me I've been put into the support group.
  • We sent my husbands forms in middle of November, they received it on 21st November, phoned them last week and no decision has been made yet
    september wins - toshiba laptop, timotei shampoo & conditioner, mccains games, pimms picnic blanket.
    october wins - grants tumblers, £20 petrol voucher, sega console, iphone
    novembers wins - £50 on walkers rainy day, £50 itunes voucher
    march wins - dog treats
  • Pippin12 wrote: »
    In my view this is a big mistake. I sent in six letters with my ESA50 - one each from my consultant, CPN, Occupational therapist, GP and two friends and Atos dealt with my case with out the need for a face to face assessment. I passed and was put into the support group. In the ESA85A Atos state that they used my letters as evidence in coming to their decision.

But can't you see that by doing all of that you are helping ATOS to claim that they are getting things right? You are playing right into their hands.

Surely it is much better to let ATOS get it all wrong (as they invariably do) then you have an argument and case against them citing a poor assessment and the DWP, a poor decision?
  • Parva wrote: »
    I sent my ESA form in on 28/12/12 (didn't actually have to be in until mid-January) and have just today got the letter informing me I've been put into the support group.

Mine went in the post on the day before it had to be there - 30th December - heard nothing - hoping for a face to face assessment so that they get it all wrong - again!
  • kazzah60 wrote: »

I had a lovely nurse who was very professional and listened carefully to my answers

Then you were very lucky - mine described me in a report to the DWP as "arrogant, awkward and obstructive".

As soon as I met the assessor it was 'daggers drawn' - let the best man win!!!
  • kazzah60
    But can't you see that by doing all of that you are helping ATOS to claim that they are getting things right? You are playing right into their hands.

Surely it is much better to let ATOS get it all wrong (as they invariably do) then you have an argument and case against them citing a poor assessment and the DWP, a poor decision?

Ok it's late at night and I am probably missing something vital - but how is it better to submit no evidence, have a meeting , get turned down and have to appeal, rather than sending in the evidence and getting the correct outcome straight away?

surely for the poster- their outcome was ideal for them?
  • kazzah60
    Then you were very lucky - mine described me in a report to the DWP as "arrogant, awkward and obstructive".

As soon as I met the assessor it was 'daggers drawn' - let the best man win!!!

well, I am probably sticking my head above the parapet - ready to get shot down - but is it in any way possible that you came across as arrogant, awkward and obstructive to the HCP ? ;)

I went in very nervous and embarrassed about speaking about my condition and she was lovely, put me at my ease. My husband answered a question once and she nicely but firmly told him she needed ME to answer- I guess we could have got all shirty - but she was right - she did need to hear it from me

I have read some horrendous reports about medicals - so I was nervous - but I had a good outcome, so for me the experience was OK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure