Argos: exempt from 30 day money back guarantee

Comments

• what if all these things were still boxed up with cellophane wrapping intact? Would I still not be able to take anything back? The only stipulation it seems to have is that the product is faulty, there's nothing to say unopened and unused.

And yes I know they've been bought with the exemption pointed out, I bought them and have taken the risk that they'll be wanted. I'm asking for future purchases, and yes I know they're not obliged to take them back, I just found it unusual.
    "a workman, even of the lowest and poorest order, if he is frugal and industrious, may enjoy a greater share of the necessaries and conveniences of life than it is possible for any savage to acquire."
  • what if all these things were still boxed up with cellophane wrapping intact?

Anyone know?
    "a workman, even of the lowest and poorest order, if he is frugal and industrious, may enjoy a greater share of the necessaries and conveniences of life than it is possible for any savage to acquire."
  • thought i'd answer my own question for the future ref of anyone else!

took guitar hero back and because it was in it's cellophane wrapping, they gave me the credit on a gift card. If it was open then I wouldn't have gotten the credit
  • Buy it online and you get the 7 day distance selling?
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    olly300 wrote: »
    All software suppliers have it on their discs as part of their contract with the buyer (Contract Law) and the Office of Fair Trading hasn't stated it's unfair.

Its not illegal for a retailer to offer a money-back guarantee. The licence terms on the product itself (often called a shrink-wrap licence) are purely an end-user licensing arrangement and do not really form part of the contract of sale between the retailer and the customer.
  • moonrakerz wrote: »
    As Argos don't have to offer anything on non-faulty goods, what's the problem ?

I agree - Argos are going beyond the call of duty in doing this, perhaps we should praise them for their policy rather than question?

Products like ear rings and hair care are also exempt from the policy (and thus not on the list of Christmas presents I buy) but as long as they're upfront about this then there's no problem.

JP
  • Has anyone any idea why Guitar Hero 3 is exempt from Argos' 30 day money back guarantee? I've just bought this and an ipod shuffle and was told that both are exempt. I found this on their website to do with the shuffle:

" To protect your personal security, we are also unable to accept returns on some non-faulty imaging and recording products such as MP3 players and digital cameras. "

ok but why guitar hero?

What if these were xmas presents and the recipient wanted to return for refund/credit note/exchange? They just couldn't?

I purchased 'Collin McCrae DIRT' for the ps3 christmas eve at argos for a christmas gift, didnt think anthing when they told me about the 30 day exempt rule. Found out same day my brother in law already had the game so i took it straigh back unopened, still sealed. The women refuse to take it back even though it was unopened, when i tryed to explain the reason she didnt even want to know.

She just said "Sorry but this was explained to you". I would understand if it was opened but how could i have played/copied it? Now im stuck with it, might get a fiver for it on ebay, Great, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ARGOS, Thanks for nothing:eek: , AVOID.

Where are OUR rights??????:confused:
  • eddiestaff wrote: »
    Where are OUR rights??????:confused:

There's no right to refund if you decide you don't want something anymore.
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • bryanb
    bryanb Posts: 4,993 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    [quote=eddiestaff;

Where are OUR rights??????:confused:[/quote]

The only RIGHTS you have are in relation to faulty goods, or goods not fit for purpose.
    Anything else is at the discretion of the seller.
    A bit unfair in Argos though as you cannot see the goods before you pay. But you don't have to shop there.
    This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !
  • Can anyone complete check out on Boots.Com??? I have been trying since Boxing Day Morning. The helpline says only some people are able to access this depending on their compatability with the Boots web site!!! Whats all that then????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure