Eon freephone number, is there one?

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi coldstreamer

Really sorry you couldn't put your meter readings online this morning.

I've just posted on another thread about the problems we're having with the website. Not sure what's happening at the moment but glad you're sorted.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Airmike23
    Airmike23 Posts: 403 Forumite
    Eon 0845 no's are charged at local rates
  • st999
    st999 Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Says who?

They are not local rate with Virgin.

Local rates with Virgin are 11.99p cc plus 8.5p a min so cheaper than an 0845 call at a cost of 11p cc plus 10 ppm.

Please check your facts and figures before posting inaccurate information.
  • it's not inaccurate, based on a bt landline which the majority of folks still have, I appreciate there are now other telecoms providers with their own set of rates, but again not only power co's who use 0845 no's and as a customer it is your choice who your telecoms is from, point of interest I'm on virgin media, but my mobile package is so good that it is only ever 08 tel no's that I call on the land line so even taking into account your costs of calling an 0845 no st999, my phone bill is still titchy - but that's my situation and I understand for some folks this will still be an issue, all you can do is work with what you've got, folks want cheaper deals, power companies are in the business of making money, hence no "standard" freephone no, but as the Eon rep stated there are still freephone no's for that co, one is 0800 0511626.
  • st999
    st999 Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The OP is with Virgin, as am I, and he specifically mentioned Virgin
    I notice that the CS phone number is an 0845 number which Virgin charge the earth for:eek:

He did not mention BT which you assummed the OP was with, did you actually read the original post that was made on the 23rd June?

And if you did notice that the OP was with Virgin why did you think you had to answer a post that had already been answered with a bit of information that had nothing to do with the original post?

And your sweeping statement that
    is not true. It might be for BT but not for everyone.
    it's not inaccurate, based on a bt landline which the majority of folks still have,
    another sweeping statement.
  • Here is eon's landline no for billing
  • Atidi
    Atidi Posts: 943 Forumite
    Here is eon's landline no for billing

Thanks for joining MSE and digging out this 2 year old thread.

Have you looked at saynoto0870.com?
    You may wish to add the number to that site if it's not already included :)
  • gerrardfan wrote: »
    use the following - 0800 0510760 - its the number for new customers but anyone can phone it.

just say you have an enquiry and ask to be put through to the right dept.

i know this is anold thread but this number still works :)

thanks
  • gerrardfan wrote: »
    use the following - 0800 0510760 - its the number for new customers but anyone can phone it.

just say you have an enquiry and ask to be put through to the right dept.

Brilliant, just tried this, hardly had to wait and good service received. Thanks
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    And 0800 numbers are NOT free from mobiles. I do wish companies would revert back to using a normal landline number as an option for those of us who have no option but to use a mobile!
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure